Autonomous Vehicle Operations Lead at Argo AI (Miami, FL)
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Vehicle Operations’ essential function at Argo AI is to safely execute the test and road operations initiatives set forth by our engineering team. Vehicle Operations consists of a team of experts who understand Argo AI’s underlying vehicle technology and programs. The team then uses that information to effectively manage efforts to meet our mileage and performance goals. These programs will provide detailed feedback to our engineering team on how our vehicles are performing.
We are looking for a safety oriented and highly motivated Autonomous Vehicle Operations Test Manager to join our team and help us realize this vision.
What you’ll do:
- You will be managing a team of AVS Test Specialists
- You will be responsible for creating, and maintaining a safe work environment for all those in the workplace
- You will be tasked to make safe, efficient, and sound decisions in the face of ambiguity
- You will be responsible for executing the test and road operations program of our autonomous vehicles, AVS Test Managers/Specialists and facilities
- You will learn about the underlying technology of our vehicles and programs and use that information to effectively manage efforts to meet our mileage and performance goals
- These programs will provide detailed feedback to our engineering team on how our vehicles are performing in the form of test and driving reports
What you'll need to succeed:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in any field of study
- Autonomous Vehicle Operations and Support experience
- Varied skill set in a technical environment managing teams, facilities and other physical assets
- Ability to lead training and continuing education sessions for AVS Test Managers/Specialists and/or Technicians
- Detail oriented mindset with a focus on safety and procedure
- Demonstrated ability to manage the scheduling processes of a large operations program
- Strong desire to learn new skills related to technology and software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle with 5+ years of experience and a clean driving record
- Proven experience in training and management setting with the ability to conduct process and safety orientations
- Have a passion to motivate, engage, and inspire large teams with various backgrounds
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
To ensure the health and well being of our teammates and partners, Argo is working toward a policy that requires those working on site to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The amount of on-site work required for each role will vary based on the essential functions of the position and designations made by team leaders. Whenever possible, we try to consider special circumstances and provide flexibility for some remote work.
This role is designated as one that requires frequent on-site work. Candidates should expect to come into the workplace 5 days per week. A COVID-19 vaccination is required to come on site. Argo will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons or as otherwise required by applicable law.