Title: Automotive Configuration Author
Location: London, Ontario
Reports To: Data Supervisor
The primary function of the Automotive configuration author 1 is to obtain, compile, analyze, interpret, research, code, and test for presentation all ordering, pricing, and technical information needed by Systems from the Automotive Industry. The Automotive configuration author 1 must apply highly specialized knowledge of automotive vehicles and the variations of each manufacturer, as well as keep track of numerous details and their inter-relationships to develop a coding structure that makes the products display accurate information with every possible set of variables. Each Data Analyst is ultimately responsible for ensuring the JDP content “Gold Standard”.
- During the introductory training period, the Automotive configuration author 1 is responsible to access training tools and participate in practice content assignments in preparation to take the final assessment.
- Process an assigned portfolio of the vehicles which includes analysis, content entry and testing.
- Collaborate with Team Members in an iterative entry and testing process to ensure accurate, complete and timely data.
- Complete work assignments in order of priority to meet completion commitments (deadlines)
- Review and analyze source documents from the manufacturer to identify discrepancies, inaccuracies, or missing content. Report these defects to their Team Leader for confirmation and clarification from the manufacturer.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation related to all vehicle files for which the Configuration Author is responsible.
- Live entry and testing of the vehicles
- Act as a positive team player
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education or related work experience
- Keen analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work with a team
- Strong computer skills – MS Office tool suite
- Time management skills, Organized and able to meet deadlines
- May be required to work with offsite locations
- This role requires flexible hours which may include early mornings, late nights & weekends
- Overtime (up to 48 hours/week) may be required
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services and data and analytics. A pioneer in the use of big data, artificial intelligence (AI) and algorithmic modeling capabilities to understand consumer behavior, J.D. Power has been delivering incisive industry intelligence on customer interactions with brands and products for more than 50 years. The world's leading businesses across major industries rely on J.D. Power to guide their customer-facing strategies.
J.D. Power is clear about what we do to ensure our success into the future. We unite industry leading data and insights with world-class technology to solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At J.D. Power, we strive to be Truth Finders, Change Makers and Team Driven - the distinct behaviors that, together, define our unique culture.
Truth Finders - At J.D. Power, we are proud of the unbiased data and findings we provide. As individuals, each and every member of our team is dedicated to living this same objectivity and embodying the highest ethical and professional standards – the only ‘favorite’ we have is the truth.
Change Makers - At J.D. Power, we never stand still. We constantly seek better ways – innovating and evolving in everything we do to support our colleagues and our clients alike – and all in service of delivering data and insights that drive meaningful business impact.
Team Driven - At J.D. Power, we are one team and we are activated. Regardless of individual role, every member of our team is dedicated to supporting their immediate colleagues and our broader J.D. Power family to deliver on our collective purpose and make us greater than the sum of our parts. At J.D. Power, these values are more than words. We bring these values to life throughout our organization through our employee event series — J.D. Power Values Days. Each quarter, we celebrate one of our core values and hold an annual event to celebrate our combined values at the end of the year.
We are dedicated to leveraging comprehensive and equitable practices which contribute to the overall success of the company and its employees. We invite you to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
J.D. Power is an equal opportunity employer and compliant with AODA/ADA legislation. If you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please specify.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For Internal Use - #LI-SA1 #LI-Remote