The Cisco Meraki team is seeking a strongly motivated, hardworking, people-focused member of our SF Workplace team. This person will have great relationship building skills, outstanding customer service, and a strong personal ownership of responsibilities. In this position, you’ll be encouraged to take your own initiative, work independently and take all tasks to completion (regularly exceeding expectations).
Meraki is changing the way the industry thinks about networking, and you will support our efforts to continue that evolution in San Francisco. As part of the Digital Workplace team, there will be opportunities to simplify complexity, improve the workplace experience, and build coordinated solutions across Cisco.
This role will partner with a diverse group of amazing Meraki team members across the organization to support our growing customer zero and in-house testing programs. You will have the opportunity to grow your technical knowledge, communication/presentation abilities as we further advance Meraki's networking technology.
What you will do:
- Support the Meraki Workplace Technology Lead’s global vision and strategy
- Support successful workplace technology projects in the SF office; lead installations and infrastructure improvements and lead contractors/vendors
- Lead meetings with internal product teams to build in-office testing capabilities while balancing impact to employees; collaborate to reach the best outcomes with SF office leaders
Workplace Technology Support
- Support of all in-office Cisco, Meraki, and 3rd party workplace technology
- Primary on-site technician with the knowledge and skillset to fix 99% of issues in rooms
- Primary user-facing POC for all VC related issue
- White glove VC technical support for C-suite and high level management
- Provide VC focused support for high profile events
- Perform break fix (user reported incident) tasks within target SLA response window
- This role will work onsite daily
Skills and Experience required
- 1-3 years’ tech support experience.
- 1-3 years’ experience troubleshooting, testing, or repairing technical equipment.
- Knowledge of general workplace AV technology; experience with large scale, sophisticated event AV systems a plus
- High level understanding of Cisco and Meraki product lines
- Familiar with help-desk ticketing systems (we use Zendesk)
- Familiar with project management tool(Jira, Asana)
- Experience coordinating and leading vendors
- General understanding of power, data, network, supporting infrastructure
Computer skills – working with various computer technology is a necessity for audiovisual professionals
Troubleshooting – AV technicians troubleshoot all equipment issues in a timely manner. Successful technicians strive to exceed expectations
Customer service – interfacing with customers and guests on-site to make sure their desires are met and that equipment is functioning is a major responsibility of these technicians
Organization skills – being organized is a requirement for AV technicians due to the tools, wiring, cables, and parts that they must methodically sort and install
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept differences - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.