Audio Director at Transfr (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:01 p.m. (CST) on Saturday, June 18, 2022
TRANSFR provides engaging, hands-on training in a way that online lectures cannot. We create a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed on the job. We focus on developing a pipeline of talent for jobs that are going unfilled, significantly reducing cost and risk.
We produce job-training simulations in virtual reality designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s pace and skills while responding to their mistakes. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge, skills and abilities.
Quickly becoming the leader in the virtual reality training industry, we have a need to scale at lightning speed, we are currently looking for an experienced Audio Director to spearhead architecting and for our productions.
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated and experienced person for this role in our New York City office. Remote work is fine, but we prefer that you are located in the EST time zone.
Be part of the team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways. You will be working with our dedicated multidisciplinary teams and external Voice Talent and Sound Designers to create high-quality sound assets, provide expert knowledge to increase our software’s quality, and learn all phases of the VR development cycle.
- Oversee the artistic and technical direction of all sounds used in our products
- Work with Design, Content Production and Development to create VR Simulations
- Work with Development Team to ensure a robust and flexible asset pipeline
- Hire and manage internal/external resources (Sound Designers, Composers, Voice Talent)
- Create immersive audio environments incorporating 3D specific considerations (HRTF’s, Specialization, Distance curves,etc.)
- Assemble and integrate sounds into VR simulations including voice over, music and sfx
- Mix audio in a 3D space using integrated SDK’s within Unity, as well as using spatialization plugins for common DAWs (Pro Tools, Nuendo, Cubase, etc)
- Manage Sound Library and archive Sound Assets
- Set delivery and release standards
- Participate in quality reviews
- 5+ years of Audio Engineering experience with a strong portfolio, including Sound Design, Composing, and Voiceover Direction
- Well versed in common audio mixing techniques like EQ, Compression, Expansion, Channel Routing, Side-chaining, and signal flow
- Knowledge in Audio Optimization best practices, data compression types, and memory strategies
- Fluency in C#
- Fluency with 3rd party audio integration software (Fmod, WWISE, etc)
- Experience working directly in 3D game engines (Unity, Unreal), with 3rd party audio integration software (Fmod, WWISE, etc)
- Experience working with version control systems (Git, Perforce)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Located in the NYC (preferred)
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with AR/VR development
- Game studio experience and shipped at least 2 titles
In addition to a competitive package, we offer you the unique opportunity to explore what you're capable of working alongside other people on a mission, reimagining the future of learning.
At TRANSFR, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. TRANSFR is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
*MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES WITHOUT RESTRICTION**
Learn more at https://transfrvr.com
Read Full Job Description