Associate, Workplace Experience at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Workplace Experience
The Workplace Experience team at Gemini are ambassadors of our core values, dedicated to supporting the company through rapid growth and beyond.
The Role: Workplace Experience Associate
The Workplace Experience team is seeking an office coordinator whose main duties will focus on office management and facilities coordination as well as community engagement. You will be responsible for making sure the day-to-day operations of Gemini's offices run smoothly and in line with the company's culture. The ideal candidate has a desire to make an immediate impact and is excited to take on an extended multi-year role focused on creating and sustaining a supportive environment for our employees.
This position is full-time at Gemini’s office in Portland, and will report to the Manager of Workplace Experience.
- Create and maintain a clean, organized, and enjoyable environment for all Gemini employees
- Arrange necessary repairs to upkeep office conditions
- Coordinate with various departments on office equipment needs
- Address employee queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, hardware, travel arrangements)
- Kitchen maintenance - daily stocking, taking inventory, and placing orders
- Adhere to office budget while ensuring accurate and timely expense reporting
- Manage the external service relationships of Gemini's offices
- Assist in contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers
- Liaise with facility management vendors (including cleaning, catering and security services)
- Maximize the company’s assets to promote Gemini's company culture
- Provide general hospitality support to external visitors
- Assist in planning and executing in-house or offsite activities (e.g., lunches, team outings, celebrations and conferences)
- 2+ years of coordination experience in a professional office setting
- Passion for creating a positive and welcoming work environment
- Confident verbal communication and professional written communication
- Strong multitasking skills and experience successfully solving complex problems from end-to-end
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Comfort with moderate physical action related to organizing and reorganizing tasks
- Ability to prioritize and tackle tasks in an efficient and timely manner with keen attention to detail
- Willingness to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Understanding of the unchartered territory that comes along with navigating a post-pandemic office environment and willingness to improve upon policies and procedures in relation to this
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and G-suite (e.g., Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel)
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.