Associate Technical Support Engineer at Talend
| Orange County
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:57 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, August 11, 2021
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, is changing the way the world makes decisions.
Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real-time to all.
Over 6,500 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is consistently recognized as a leader in its field by Forrester and Gartner.
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Every one of our 1,400 employees brings a certain je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As our Associate Technical Support Engineer, you'll be responsible for directly providing great support to our customers, answering their questions, and investigating and resolving the issues they raise. You'll also be involved in initiatives that reduce support request volume and help develop communication practices that ensure quality and consistency in technical support. You'll focus on customers' satisfaction with Talend Stitch by not only managing support SLAs, but also advocating for customers in product development conversations and coordinating efforts with customer engagement and sales colleagues.
A successful Associate Technical Support Engineer will be highly analytical (SQL and Excel
should be exciting to you) and be interested in helping to solve our users' most difficult challenges. This includes not only specific help requests from our users, but also proactive problem solving to prevent issues from arising in the first place by identifying bugs, user experience issues, and missing or outdated documentation.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
To succeed in this role, you'll need to be excited by the idea of learning about
data replication, software as a service, data warehouses, and how those elements come
together. You should be open to learning enough about how those technologies work to be able to effectively communicate with current and prospective customers. You should also have:
- 1-2 years of customer-service oriented professional experience.
- Ability to extract, analyze and report on data by writing complex DB queries in SQL language.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. In addition to working directly with
current and prospective customers, you'll need to collaborate with sales, engineering,
product, and more.
- Meticulous attention to the detail and excellent time-management skills. A core part of
the job is being able to juggle many conversations at once. Organization and prioritization are key.
While it's not required, it would be nice if you had:
- Experience in SaaS support in general (strong preference)
- Experience in chat-based support at scale
- Technical knowledge of SaaS software, and perhaps the software development process.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge of DI/ETL or Data Governance tools is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Big Data architecture and components along with an understanding of distributed file systems.
- Knowledge of Cloud computing is a plus (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Good to have understanding on at least one of the programming languages (PHP,
- Knowledge of Excel or Google Sheets (vlookups, index, match, indirect, address, arrays, etc.) is a plus.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Read Full Job Description