Associate, Strategy at Spanx (Atlanta, GA)
SPANX isn’t your average company… we revolutionized an industry with just $5,000 in savings and zero outside funding. Our founder and CEO, Sara Blakely, was named one of TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the world. We are in the fashion and retail industry, but we don’t obsess trends, rules or traditional ways of doing things. Rather, we invent solutions and hold several patents. We are focused on reinventing wardrobe basics that have earned cult-followings from customers around the world, earning Spanx shout-outs from the world’s most famous women. We are a high-growth, digital company with an iconic brand that earned its reputation for over 20 years by delivering amazing products and staying true to our greater mission of supporting and elevating women. We don’t believe “pain is beauty” and we don’t believe “business is war.” We run our business with kindness, empathy, intuition, creativity, integrity… and fun. We don’t believe you have to act serious to be taken seriously. We dream big, think forward and give back. We challenge the status quo, aim high and celebrate our “oops” moments. We test and learn, and we aren’t afraid of failure. We think like entrepreneurs in everything we do, and we look for people who are self-starters, kind, creative and out-of-the box-thinkers. If this sounds like you, join us! And help us make the world a better place... one butt at a time.Job Description
About the Role
Spanx is searching for a dynamic, motivated Strategy Associate to help our organization achieve long-term sustainable growth. In this role, you’ll support our executive office in driving corporate initiatives, including our near and long-term strategy and other priority projects. The Strategy Team owns shaping, driving, and synthesizing key insights that will be used to inform our strategic planning and decision-making. A successful Strategy Associate will be self-directed, detail-oriented, a problem solver, and a team player with a burning desire to contribute. We want your passion, your problem-solving skills – and your point-of-view.
This role is based in our Atlanta headquarters and reports into our Senior Manager, Strategy.
You’ll love it because you will
Conduct Market and Competitive Analysis:
- Research macroeconomic, industry, and category-specific trends; visualize and present findings
- Track quarterly retail industry earnings for customers and competitors and extract key metrics on financial health and future strategy
Support with Inputs for Board Meetings:
- Update and audit financial templates and dashboards
- Research and summarize deep dive topics
- Assist with visualizing key stories in a clear and compelling format for an Executive audience
- Collaborate cross-functionally to collect additional data needed
Support Company Planning Initiatives:
- Assist with researching opportunities, building growth frameworks, and creating materials to guide annual strategic planning process
- Collaborate with Leadership, The People Team, and Marketing to produce presentation materials for various company-wide meetings
Provide Research to Support Executive Decision Making and Inform Future Growth:
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis to build a business case for new projects/markets or track the performance of current projects
- Perform ad hoc research on various topics and visualize findings in a concise and compelling way
- Assist with market data collection and distribution to help inform Merchandising decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business-related function, such as Finance or Economics.
- Professional experience in a Strategy role, such as Management Consulting, Banking, Private Equity, Corporate Strategy, or Finance.
- Demonstrated working proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel; Tableau is a plus
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting strict deadlines and flexibility to handle various tasks
- Both a self-starter and team player with great energy and drive
- Creative and strategic thinker who can identify opportunities for growth, and solutions to help achieve goals
- Ability to champion ideas and execute in an expedited time frame and to establish trust and maintain a collaborative spirit working cross-functionally in the organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.