We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Trust and Safety Team (Within Security Operations)
The Security Operations Team’s mission is largely focused on user safety and security, which is a primary competency at Coinbase, and our Trust and safety team helps keep a watchful eye over every aspect of it. Every day, we go to battle against some of the most sophisticated attackers in the world to protect billions of dollars worth of digital assets and ensure that our customers and employees can enjoy a safe, trusted experience. As Coinbase scales globally, and adds to its portfolio of products, our team and mission is scaling along with it, using a blend of tooling, automation, and strategic team growth to ensure that we’re well-equipped to protect the next billion users of crypto.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
As a product policy associate manager, you’ll sit on the Trust and Safety team, report into our product policy team lead, and will work on product policy development for user generated content (UGC) across a variety of products, including Coinbase NFT and user generated asset reviews. You should have a deep understanding and interest in content moderation, and how to create, iterate on and apply policies to multiple product features, including profiles, comments, decentralized applications (dApp) reviews, and NFTs. While no two days will end up looking the same you’ll be responsible for the following things:
- Regularly update detailed enforcement guidelines for content reviewers — collaborating with operations and product teams on implementation
- Identify and analyze policy development needs for new Coinbase products (eg. Coinbase NFT, user generated asset ratings and reviews, and a Dapp browser and app store)
- Help build out product policy processes, including documenting and updating existing escalation and cascade workflows
- Act as a global escalation point of contact and manage high-profile content moderation escalations
- Help regularly update our executive team on key policy changes and high-profile gray area escalations
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
Some security teams have strict requirements about certifications, degrees, years of experience, and things like that. Not us! We’re more interested in the unique perspectives and expertise you’ll bring to the team rather than the acronyms on your resume. However, you’ll be much more likely to be successful in this role if these points seem like a good description of you:
- You’re comfortable working in fast-paced environments where flexibility and context switching is key
- You have 3+ years working in a product policy function focused on hairy content moderation issues
- You have some familiarity with feature policy development, including comment, profile and account policy
- You have familiarity with blockchain, decentralized applications (dApp), and NFTs
- You frequently get praise from your peers and coworkers about your communication skills, both written and verbal
- You can translate complex issues into a concise and compelling narrative
Nice to haves:
- Expert knowledge of the NFT market;
- You would bring a diverse perspective to the team: for example, maybe you took an unconventional route to get into your current product policy role;
- You’ve done some program management work and are not afraid to help on the implementation of the policies you craft
- You’ve worked with product and engineering teams directly to impact their roadmap
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $131,325 or $162,350 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.