Associate Network Services Engineer (AASE) - Service Provider at Arista Networks (Washington DC)
Arista Networks is an industry leader in Cognitive Cloud Networking for mission critical data center and campus environments. Our award winning open source platforms deliver ultra low latency, high availability, automated analytics and secure network solutions.
Our culture is one that is founded on our core key values which resonate across all of our employee and include respect, integrity, teamwork, innovation, passion and trust.Job Description
Arista Networks is seeking an Associate Network Advanced Services Engineer (AASE) to provide post-sales support of customers. The AASE will be responsible for evoking confidence in Arista’s functionality and technology infrastructure and assisting in eliminating technical objections in the sales cycle. The ASE will uncover business requirements, develop a solution sales strategy, and create and effectively demonstrate Arista’s solutions that address customer requirements.
Alternate Locations: Northern VA | Washington DC | Philadelphia, PA
- Shadow current field SE’s and ASE’s and assist with day to day Service Provide customer deployment tasks.
- Assist with migration or interconnect to/from other networking vendor products into an Arista infrastructure
- Assist with configuration build-outs including creating network provisioning automation using scripting skills
- Assist in hands-on work with customers during product evaluations and post-sales support
- Assist in hands-on tests to validate customer proof-of-concept setups, network designs, and network deployments using new products and features
- Demonstrate Arista key technical differentiators in the lab
- Assist with proof of concepts (POC) and in-depth testing to validate design scenarios
- Provide bug scrubs and code recommendations for customers
- Provide an interface to TAC, internal development teams and the customer
- You will provide customer advice regarding architectural questions, product prerequisites, product features, etc.
- Assist Pre-Sales Engineer and Account Executives with designing Network solutions
- Maintain professional relationships with teammates, partners, and clients
- Some travel may be required within assigned territory.
- BSCS/CE degree or equivalent
- In the past 2 years, a graduate with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical field, such as Networking, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar field.
- Basic script & programming skills background eg PERL, PYTHON ,etc
- Networking knowledge, ideally at least 4 elements from (Ethernet, VLANs, VxLAN, EVPN, IP Routing, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, eBGP, Multicast, QoS, etc.) with hands on experience
- Basic technical background in UNIX/Linux (Redhat or CentOS) systems
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Ability to write technical papers is a plus
- Internship in a technical field or Sales is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask, self-start, work in a dynamic team environment and work independently
- Travel to local customer sites and Arista offices
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.