Associate Manager, Institutional Compliance at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
This role is for an Associate Manager who will serve as the lead compliance support for Coinbase’s custody business. The role can be based in SF, NY, or remote and report directly to the Head of Institutional Compliance. This professional will be responsible for assisting in the oversight of Coinbase's custody business within the Institutional business. The mission of this team is to support the creation, growth, and expansion of Coinbase’s custody and institutional businesses, including development of compliance policies and procedures and related operational processes. This function will be responsible for maintaining close contact with the business and ensuring a culture of compliance within the company.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Assist with the design and implementation of the compliance program for the Coinbase Custody business including creation, maintenance, and implementation of relevant compliance policies and procedures
- Develop a successful partnership with the product and business teams; advise and counsel on compliance risks and operational regulatory requirements
- Collaborate cross-functionally with senior Compliance and Legal roles
- Work cross-functionally to implement control infrastructure to support the rollout of new products and service offerings
- Ensure risk mitigation and continued growth are aligned with the organization's goal
- Regularly report to senior management and the custody board of directors on the state of the custody compliance program
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Ability to collaborate with regulators, financial partners, and internal audit
- Work in a cross-functional and matrixed environment
- Understanding of traditional finance and its application to cryptocurrency
- Basic understanding and passion for the virtual currency market
- 5+ years regulatory/compliance experience
- Thorough understanding of SEC, CFTC, FINRA, and NFA regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, communication and organizational skills with the ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Excellent decision making, analytic and investigative abilities with attention to detail and accuracy.
Nice to haves:
- Working knowledge of blockchain technology and crypto market
- Experience either working inside a financial regulatory agency or managing regulatory compliance programs for a regulated financial institution
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.