We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Associate Ops Manager
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Responsibility for meeting operational and business goals for the team
- Achieve service level agreements (including resolution, quality and productivity) for Tier 1 and 2 teams.
- Driving appropriate data oriented analysis, adoption of technology solutions and process improvement projects to achieve operational and business goals
- Managing stakeholder communication across multiple lines of business on operational milestones, process changes and escalations
- Proactively drive impactful changes across workflows, policies and tools by working with internal support teams and vendor partners.
- Executing specific people programs on coaching and development and team engagement.
- Utilize an in-depth understanding of metrics to drive data-centric business decisions.
- Effectively leverages the team managers to solicit ideas and understand problems and challenges.
- Establishes objectives and metrics for quality, productivity, and customer experience
- Sets clear goals and expectations for team managers and associates. Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds leaders accountable.
- Manage and lead a high performing support team, anchored by standard methodologies within the financial services and technology industries globally.
- Mentors and develops leaders and team members to build future leaders.
- Participates in recruiting to identify and evaluate associates and internal/external candidates for promotion and hire.
- Drives continuous improvement projects to optimize operations and improve productivity to meet and exceed business objectives; drives culture of defect identification and elimination.
look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and crafting a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in financial services, technology and/or customer support, with experience in delivering value differentiated support strategies a benefit
- Minimum of 6 years of direct management experience.
- Familiarity with banking regulations, payment processes, compliance, consumer and/or institutional operations.
- Experience building support strategies and scaling teams across multiple workflows and various channels of support, including voice, email, social and chat.
- Experience with partner management and maintaining cross functional partnerships both vertically and horizontally.
- Ability to effectively communicate cross functionally and globally.
- Flexible and adaptable to meeting the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Has the ability to drive business/operational metrics through quantitative decision making, and adoption of different tools and resources
- Has experience in managing critical operational processes, with SLA responsibility
- Possesses analytical, mediation and problem resolution skills.
- Track record of employee development (emphasis on selection and retention).
- Demonstrated leadership with a bias towards action and ownership.
- Skilled in collaborative management, succeeding through clear formal and informal communication with members of the remote and local management teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience in project management, analytics and/or vendor management.
- Advanced degree in business, finance or CX.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Proficiency in another language (non-English)
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.