Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As a CX Retail Operations Associate Manager, you will lead a team of highly motivated customer support professionals whose performance is critical to Coinbase achieving its mission. Using your customer support, operations and team management skills you will play a crucial role ensuring we deliver an outstanding customer experience globally.
Support domains vary across areas such as account, payment and crypto operations.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Develop and lead a team of high performing customer support analysts across a variety of channels (email, chat & phone).
Serve as a domain specialist for your area.
- Act as a trusted point of contact for escalations and high priority issues related to your domain
- Ensure alignment across regional Operations teams and vendor sites through consistent communication and shared business objectives.
- Achieve service level agreements for all teams supporting the domain scope.
- Provide leadership mentorship based on industry best methodologies, thoughtful delegation and performance management.
- Focus on team growth and enablement through mentorship, career development and employee engagement.
- Collaborate with internal support teams across Advocacy, Tools, Quality and Training to help launch or improve product support workflows.
- Utilize an in-depth understanding of metrics to drive data-driven business decisions.
- Continuously add value through effective project management, dedicated prioritization and efficient execution.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and crafting a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- 3- 5+ years of relevant experience in financial services, operations management, technology and/or customer support.
- Experience scaling teams across multiple workflows and various channels of support, i.e. voice, email, social and chat.
- Excellent track record of leading deeply engaged and high performing teams.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth, fast paced organization.
- Requirement to be on call from time to time for critical issues / incidents.
- Travel requirements up to 15% to Coinbase offices and vendor locations, based on needs.
Nice to haves:
- Experience at crypto exchanges or in financial services, ideally in payments, trading operations or technical support.
- Advanced experience in project management, analytics or quality assurance.
- Advanced degree in business, finance, customer experience and/or blockchain.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.