Associate Incident Response Director at Tetra Defense (Remote)
An experienced member of Tetra Defense's data breach, incident response, and cybersecurity risk management teams. The primary responsibility of this role will be to bridge the communication between our technical teams, our clients, and client stakeholders. The Associate Incident Response Director will contribute on multiple engagements, lead scoping calls, and coordinate on response plans.
The Associate Incident Response Director will have foundational experience within full cycle data breach investigations. You will organize and manage multiple work-streams and resources throughout entire incident response engagements. You will have responsibility for the coordination and project management of forensic imaging, analysis, breach containment, restoration and remediation services performed by our Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) consulting team.
- Coordinate and work closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand business objectives and advise on mitigation strategies during the incident response work
- Guide incident response teams during security events such as ransomware, BEC, and Office 365 data breach cases
- Participate in initial scoping calls, create statement of work documents, and communicate decisions on response plans
- Review and provide recommendations to counteract impact from data breach events
- Provide case leadership and translate business and technical requirements into project proposals, communication plan, and composing summary reports
- Maintain and update project milestone indicators within our systems in order to give clients and stakeholders visibility into the status of the engagement
- Ability to communicate our service offerings and deepen client relationships by demonstrating how Tetra can address their security needs throughout the engagement and beyond
- Engage in communications with the client, legal counsel, and other stakeholders
- Ensure the acquisition and entry of key data points related to the engagement for reporting purposes
- Professional case lead experience with digital forensics and incident response or adjacent services
- Experience in a client facing consulting or advisory role and the ability to provide high level customer service to clients
- Confident in providing and reviewing reports with clients including an understanding of how to present based on the audience the content is being delivered to
- Excellent organizational, verbal, presentation/facilitation, and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Systems, or related professional experience
- Previous working experience with DFIR cybersecurity firms, cyber insurance providers, and privacy attorneys
- Knowledge of current trends in cybersecurity
- Collaborative, hard-working, energetic team culture
- Excellent benefits – Vision, Medical, Dental, HSA/FSA, and 401K
- Flexible PTO/time off policy
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development and training opportunities
About Tetra Defense:
Tetra Defense began with one goal in mind: To simplify what’s complicated. We launched our Incident Response & Digital Forensics (DFIR) organization in 2016 to restore businesses during and after complex challenges like ransomware attacks, business email compromise, and insider threats.
As our organization has grown, so has our service offering. We value protection from all sides, leveraging our skilled DFIR team to inform our Cyber Risk Management, Cyber Defense Operations, and Software Development Team. We provide valuable, straightforward guidance for businesses to proactively address and improve their cybersecurity posture in accordance with the latest threats, and our latest solutions.
Through our continued growth and evolution, we have been told that we do things differently — that we tackle the most difficult tasks in stride, and that we stop at nothing to do what’s best for our clients. We are diligent. We are innovative. We are Tetra.
In February of 2022, Tetra Defense was acquired by Arctic Wolf in their joined mission to end cyber risk. Arctic Wolf is a leading security operations firm that provides Managed Detection and Response, Cloud Detection Response, Managed Risk, and Managed Security Awareness client solutions. The same Tetra team continues to support our clients, and by joining forces with Arctic Wolf, we significantly enhance our capabilities and accelerate the delivery of security operations — now on a global scale.