Associate Director, Peer-to-Peer Marketplace and Lending at Carvana (Phoenix, AZ)
Associate Director, Peer-to-Peer Marketplace and Lending
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now.
Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
We’re looking for a driven and resourceful person to join our Special Projects Finance team as an Associate Director of P2P Marketplace and Lending. You will work cross-functionally, and with Carvana’s servicing partners, to help us grow a new P2P product offering and lending business while providing an enhanced experience for our customers. The role is based at our headquarters in Tempe, Arizona, and is extremely visible.
You will play a key role in creating a vision for Carvana’s new consumer to consumer marketplace and working with teams inside and outside of Carvana to realize that vision. The scope of the role is broad, encompassing servicing partner relationship management, collaboration with partners on operational experiments, ownership of key loan servicing analytics, and helping to guide product teams on projects that will enhance customer experience and business results. The ideal candidate will have a background demonstrating ownership of high profile, cross-functional projects with a focus on creating and leveraging analytics insights.
What you’ll be doing
- Partner with Product, Engineering and Operations teams to realize the P2P product vision.
- Participate in the development of strategic plans, goals, and objectives, ensuring alignment with those of the region, division, department, and Company.
- Lead development of P2P transaction process (buyer/seller verifications, contracting, title and regeneration, payment processing).
- Lead or support P2P operations functions where appropriate (customer support, verifications, financial operations).
- Support P2P product strategy and analytics where appropriate.
- Lead financial analytics and Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) for P2P.
- Build and manage a team of financial analysts, as well as product/engineering/operations teams where appropriate.
- Lead buyer-financing and ancillary products for Carvana P2P.
- Ensure robust communication between all teams and stakeholders across the organization.
What you should have
- 4+ years of experience in an Analytics or Strategy role.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Economics or a related field.
- Strong background in defining, creating, and socializing analytics.
- Ability to communicate and interact with others effectively in a professional, courteous manner.
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and leading teams.
- Specific experience with either loan servicing or consumer credit preferred, but not required.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.