Associate Director GME at MedStar Health (Washington DC)
| Washington DC
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:37 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, September 20, 2022
- Job Summary
- Responsible for daily operations and management of GME office functions at designated hospital entity.Supervises GME staff assigned by function or location. Has functional responsibility for assigned content area(Human Resources, Finance, or Quality/Safety) for the health system's GME programs. Oversees budgets, hires/fires personnel, and responsible for local entity management compliance.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Masters Degree in Health Care Administration or Education preferred; Bachelors Degree and 5 years experience in GME program management acceptable.
- 5 years in progressively responsible GME; central office or residency program administration.
- No special certification, registration or license required.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong inter-personal communications, team building, ability to multi-task and managing multiple competing priorities.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Ensures compliance with hospital/facility policies and procedures and governmental/accreditation regulations.
- Manages and staffs initial-level academic due process requests, review meetings, grievances, and inquiries resulting from alleged misconduct of residents and fellows.
- Manages data entry and assures compliance with required data in the New Innovations residency management suite database.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves on committees and represents the department and hospital/facility in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides direct support of all accreditation activities including data and document retention, preparing data for reporting to ACGME, scheduling and logistical oversight of site visits.
- Provides staff support for assigned committees such as GMEC, Chief Resident Council, Coordinators, etc.
- Receives requests from residents, fellows, and program directors, and provides follow up as needed based on the issue and the situation.
- Responsible for leading initiatives and serving as a content expert in one of the following assigned content areas; Human Resources - Oversees the HR functions for system-wide residency and fellowship programs to include on-boarding, issuing of resident contracts, immigration and visa processing, registrar and verification of training, graduation and orientation programs, and timekeeping. Serves as a liaison to the system HR leadership. Finance - Oversees Finance functions for system-wide residency and fellowship programs to include operations and capital budgeting, Medicare reporting for GME, rotation schedules, special purpose funds, the resident loan program, resident/fellow educational stipend management, and reimbursement/check requests. Serves as a liaison to the system finance leadership. Quality and Safety - Oversees quality and safety initiatives for system-wide residency and fellowship programs to include resident/fellow reporting in rLSolutions, entity GME Quality and Safety Leadership Councils, data reporting and analysis for CLER (Accreditation) visits, practice management education and training, handoff-communication training, and simulation. Serves as a liaison to the system Quality and Safety leadership, and the SiTEL/Simulation team leadership.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of daily operations at assigned hospital site, to include: Supervision of assigned staff and departmental residency coordinators, Office operations, efficiency, productivity and reliability of operations.
- Supervises assigned residency program coordinators.
- Supports the Corporate Director GME & AVP GME with all system-wide initiatives as assigned.
More Information on MedStar Health
MedStar Health operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Columbia, MD. MedStar Health was founded in 1999. It has 10001 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all 55 open jobs at MedStar Health, click here.
Read Full Job Description