Head of FC Systems & Support
Chewy.com is a fun, fast paced online pet food retailer headquartered in Fort Lauderdale delivering pet happiness while celebrating and honoring the bond, love and connection we share with pets. We do this by providing quality pet products to our customers in a fast and easy way. You don’t have to be a pet parent to join the Chewy.com team, but it sure helps!
Our team members are passionate about delivering incredible service to our customers from the moment they find us online to the moment they find our products delivered right to their doorstep (for free with any order of $49 or more). And we are passionate about our team members. They get to work with the best and brightest talent in e-commerce all dedicated to building a great business for loyal customers while making the lives of pets and pet parents a little bit better! Chewy.com is the kind of place where every team member makes an impact on the business and can feel the difference they are making each and every day.
The Chewy Fulfillment network is seeking a Head of Systems and Support to help scale our explosive growth. This position requires a candidate with proven experience building large scale project management programs, as well delivering operational improvement projects. This role will require analytical capabilities to set and manage key project goals and benefits, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills. This individual will work across business teams in fulfillment operations, as well as supply chain, merchandising, HR operations, and other teams to assess needs, evaluate alternatives, and build solutions. This leader will lead both the FC Systems Support organization, which comprises both project management and product owners, as well as Tier 1 support to optimize the configuration of FC Systems, integrated people leadership and team development will be critical. Our team is made up of passionate and seasoned entrepreneurs with demonstrated success in growing world class companies. We are passionate and results driven but down-to-earth. We believe in executing with excellence in all we do and believe in doing the right thing for our customers, our team members, and our partners.
- 10+ years experience in fulfillment operations, distribution, warehousing, or similar ecommerce operations
- 10+ years in project and program management, PMP certification preferred
- 5+ years in leadership role, managing a cross-functional team
- Track record of developing and executing LEAN and Six-Sigma initiatives that deliver results; with a history of delivering results
- 5+ years with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Labor Management Systems
- Has the ability to partner to build and execute on new initiatives with stakeholders across the organization.
- Think Big and push the boundaries of the systems space and be unsatisfied with the status quo. The candidate needs to be able to develop and set the strategic roadmap for the quality space
- Ability to clearly communicate to all levels of leadership on results and forward-looking goals; and ongoing action items both verbally and written. Ability to escalate when appropriate and willingness to do so.
- Microsoft Office expert, especially Excel including analysis toolbox, pivot tables, and complex functions.
- Basic knowledge of SQL, Tableau, DBViz or other data reporting and visualization tools
- Is comfortable collaborating and influencing team members, working with development teams and other business groups, and building support for projects with senior leadership.
- Manage cross-functional, remote teams
- Will compile, manage, and report on weekly project metrics and be responsible for leading meetings to align on status and support resources
- Has fulfillment center operational skills to identify and implement solutions that scale with our growth
- Ability to be self-directed with minimal oversight.
- A Bachelor’s or an equivalent degree or equivalent experience; industrial engineering, operations management, business administration preferred
- Strong organizational, management, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and a desire to advise strategic company decisions
- Desire to drive the business and your space like an entrepreneur that owns the business.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]