Associate Director Customer Service at Chewy
Chewy is looking for an Associate Director, Customer Service to join our Customer Service team at our Richardson, TX location. The ideal candidate is an experienced, people-focused leader with a track record of building and developing engaging, high performing-managers. The right candidate will also have a powerful sense of urgency and the ability to improve operational efficiency through thoughtful process improvement. A customer-first mindset is critical for this role.
What You'll Do:
Build High Performing Teams
- Raise the performance bar with every hire and promotion; not afraid to hire people smarter than you.
- Take your coaching role seriously by putting people first (over numbers), develop others and build a pipeline of talent, while supporting their movement through the organization.
- Have a relentless focus on developing teams that consistently deliver exceptional and memorable customer experiences.
Operate At Depth
- Proactively learn and understand business environment to recognize the “why” and come to well-rounded decisions.
- Complete inspection of processes to understand defects or best practices and learn from them for further improvement.
- Understand how individual, team and department responsibilities and performance impact the overall success of the Company, process, and systems.
- Focus on the key inputs for your business and deliver them with the right quality and in a timely fashion.
- Prove impact of results by producing conclusive, measurable results within time commitments.
- Kick rocks out of the way; help to clear a path for success, enable people to achieve more than they thought possible.
- Push the thinking of others to achieve the extraordinary vs merely good.
What You'll Need:
- 10 years of professional experience in Customer Operations, Customer Care, Customer Experience and/or related fields
- 5+ years of multi-channel contact center management experience (Customer Service strongly preferred), with proven leadership track record and verifiable history of managing managers of successful, high-volume teams
- 3+ years of senior level management experience required; preferred prior Director experience in contact center(s) with 300+ employees
- Must be comfortable adapting to rapidly shifting goals, and willing to ‘roll up your sleeves’ to solve a variety of challenges
- Proven coaching skills that can impact both front-line agents and floor leadership
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel is a must)
- Ability to work nimbly in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, and comfortability and ease in presenting information to a group
- Actively recognizes and develops exceptional talent with a willingness to work onsite during any shift as needed
- Some travel may be required, as we are a multi-site contact center
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]