Associate Director Customer Service at Chewy (Phoenix, AZ)
Chewy is looking for an Associate Director, Customer Service to join our Customer Service team in our Phoenix, AZ virtual location. The ideal candidate is an experienced, people-focused leader with a track record of building and developing engaging, high performing-managers while fostering a safe, collaborative, productive, winning, and fun culture in a fully virtual environment. The right candidate will also have a powerful sense of urgency and the ability to improve operational efficiency through thoughtful process improvement. A customer-first mindset is critical for this role. While this is a virtual role, the candidate will also have a presence at our in-market physical location as needed for hiring events, engagement activities, town halls, and other in-person activities.
What You'll Do:
Operate At Depth
- Proactively learns and understands business environment to recognize the “why” and come to well-rounded decisions.
- Complete inspection of processes to understand defects or best practices and learn from them for further improvement.
- Understands how individual, team and department responsibilities and performance impact the overall success of the Company, process, and systems.
Build High Performing Teams
- Raising the performance bar with every hire and promotion; not afraid to hire people smarter than you.
- Takes your coaching role seriously by putting people first (over numbers), developing others and building a pipeline of talent, while supporting their movement through the organization.
- Works tirelessly as a “Chewy ambassador” in the community to help establish Chewy as a great corporate citizen and as an employer of choice.
- Owns the performance results for their virtual contact center in core metrics that focus on our customers, our team members, and our operational efficiency.
- Collaborates with key business partners – Employee Engagement, Human Resources, Learning & Development, IT, and more – to drive improvements and deliver results for our customers and team members.
- Focuses on the key inputs for your business and delivers them with the right quality and in a timely fashion.
- Proves impact of results by producing conclusive, measurable results within time commitments.
- Kicks rocks out of the way; help to clear a path for success, enabling people to achieve more than they thought possible.
- Pushes the thinking of others to achieve the extraordinary vs merely good.
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of multi-channel contact center management experience (Virtual Customer Service strongly preferred), with proven leadership track record and verifiable history of managing managers of successful, high-volume teams
- 3+ years of senior level management experience in a virtual environment required; preferred prior Director experience in contact center(s) with 300+ employees
- Must be comfortable adapting to rapidly shifting goals, and willing to ‘roll up your sleeves’ to solve a variety of challenges
- Proven coaching skills that can impact both front-line agents and floor leadership
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel is a must)
- Accelerating time and pivoting for change
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, and comfortability and ease in presenting information to a group in a virtual environment
- Actively recognizes and develops exceptional talent with a willingness to work onsite during any shift as needed
- Flexibility to work on-site as needed at our in-market location
- Some travel to Dallas, TX and/or Hollywood, FL may be required, approximately 10-15% of the time.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]