Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people! Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
We are looking for a business professional and scientist to help us continue toward our goal to build long-term, sustainable, strategic and mutually beneficial partnerships for our proprietary somatic oncology diagnostics. You will be expected to utilize your own diverse communication and technical experience as well as the experience of others in our organization to support the development and execute on external contracts with our pharmaceutical partners and suppliers. The position calls for molecular biological technical aptitude and the ability to collaborate effectively with our business development, regulatory, commercial, laboratory, and assay development teams. Excellent communications skills are a must for this position.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and enhance existing partnerships, by serving as a liaison/bridge when working with internal/external collaborators, suppliers, customers, and stakeholders, including senior executives, while bringing measurable value to Invitae over time.
- Be proactive in reaching out to external and internal stakeholders with progress updates, concerns, and opportunities.
- Understand and be able to participate in discussions around molecular biology, gene expression, oncology biomarkers, especially, sequencing including NGS, and/or medical device development and market positioning to address business needs.
- Consistently deliver on commitments, tracking to timelines, deliverables, forecasting, and stakeholder communications. Position will require some project management in addition to strategic alliance management.
What you bring:
- B.S. / B.A. in Life Sciences is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of industry experience with customer-facing technical or relational role.
- Demonstrated communications experience.
- Proficient in internal and external Invitae technologies, including but not limited to molecular biology, next-generation sequencing, and/or diagnostic development, regulation, and market positioning.
- Be creative, agile, and have the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to work as part of a global team.
- Must have project management experience, and
- An enthusiastic development mindset with strong organizational awareness, attention to detail, and the presence and integrity to work across functional areas to optimize the business.
- Experience using project management or other communication software for tracking timelines, spreadsheets, or other systems for managing projects, or the ability to quickly learn.
- Experience with design control for diagnostic development.
- Utilize technology to enable and enhance communication.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
Please apply even if you don’t meet all of the “What you bring” requirements noted. It’s rare that someone checks every single item, it’s ok, we encourage you to apply anyways.
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $144,960.00. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.