Associate, Customer Support at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Support
Our Customer Support team is a group of highly talented and dynamic contributors. Each individual ensures that our customers have the best experience possible when they need help, have a question, or provide feedback. The team efficiently manages all inbound service requests and communications with customers during the onboarding process, and are increasingly contributing to outbound communications. While their main focus is retail customers, they are progressively interacting with institutional customers. During periods of low-service volume, the team also eagerly takes on support-centric projects.
The Role: Associate, Customer Support
At Gemini, our CS Associates work alongside the brightest minds in a fast-paced and evolving industry. They ensure excellent service standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries, and maintain high customer satisfaction.We are looking for a brilliant, self-motivated, personable hands-on individual who is hungry and eager to learn. The ideal candidate is a highly organized detail-oriented, self-starter with the desire to make an immediate impact and the ability to work through the unexpected. They are excited for a unique opportunity to make a real impact in an exciting and growing company.
This position is full-time in Singapore.
- Provide exceptional customer support for all Gemini products and services
- Manage all flows of inbound customer requests and issues via email, chat and phone
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve resolution
- Triage tickets to the appropriate internal departments and working with them to resolve the issue
- Work with internal teams (i.e. Engineering, Compliance, Security), escalating issues and collaborating with appropriate parties to establish protocol on new processes
- Create process enhancements and efficiencies, and manage any projects to completion
- Provide periodic on-call support coverage for customer issues outside of business hours
- Will be required to do weekend shifts periodically based on duty roster
- 1-4 years in a customer support capacity or equivalent
- Confident verbal communication and polished written communication
- Experience and comfort with solving complex problems from end-to-end
- Strong/Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfort with flexible hours, including weekends, for comprehensive support coverage
- Experience working in Zendesk
- Experience working in a cross-cultural and cross-timezone team environment
- Experience with Social Media Support (Sprout Social, Hootsuite)
- Knowledge of the Xfers platform, along with FedWire and localized funds transfer mechanisms
- Experience in financial services support
- Familiarity with Cryptocurrencies
- Basic understanding of Financial Markets and Trading
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.