Associate, Business Operations & Strategy at Yelp (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:34 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, May 11, 2022
*Candidates must be vaccinated against COVID-19 to qualify for this role. See below for more information.*
Yelp Business Operations & Strategy is chartered with identifying and driving strategic and operational improvements to deliver sustainable increases in contributions, traffic and financial results. As an Associate on the Business Operations & Strategy team, you will take the initiative to uncover analytical insights, drive impact, and partner with key stakeholders across the business. We collaborate with our Product Teams to provide analysis needed to help determine the most impactful product priorities. We work with our Sales organization to help design its incentive compensation system, pilot new products and price points to sell to business owners. We strategize with our Marketing team to identify new and more efficient ways to acquire new customers. We partner with our Community Management organization to help identify new ways to encourage contribution (e.g. reviews, photos) from Yelp users.
This is a full-time remote role based in the United States.
Where You Come In:
- You will partner across Yelp’s business units to deliver strong financial results via analytically driven insights.
- You will provide first rate analytic support via hands-on Excel work while leveraging other tools as necessary (SQL, Salesforce, Python, Google Analytics, Tableau).
- You will quickly and effectively identify actionable insights and exercise sound business judgment on large amounts of data and information.
- You will steer cross-functional projects and build consensus with leadership across the organization.
- You will create Tableau dashboards that provide visibility into KPIs, marketing effectiveness and business trends/drivers
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have 3-4 years relevant business experience (post college degree) solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- You have been exposed to a variety of different business models and functions.
- You have superior hands-on analytic skills including very strong Excel modeling skills and interest in learning SQL.
- You are an exceptional problem solver with the ability to transition between detailed data and high-level insights.
- You are highly collaborative, team oriented, and comfortable leading cross-functional projects.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly with senior business leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ideally in Business, Math, Economics, or a related field.
What you'll get:
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 7 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this role. Exceptions are made only where legally required
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
CCPA Privacy Notice
More Information on Yelp
Yelp operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA and New York, NY. Yelp was founded in 2004. It has 7236 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 145 open jobs at Yelp, click here.
Read Full Job Description