Associate, Asset Management at Life House (Remote)
Who We Are:
Life House is a venture-backed, vertically integrated hotel brand, operator and technology company. We develop, design, and operate boutique lifestyle hotels with a mission to make travel more meaningful and reliable for travelers, and to make hotels more seamless and more profitable for owners. We recently raised our Series C and are looking for great talent to join us on this rocket ship!
The Associate will report to the Vice President of Asset Management and will focus primarily on onboarding new hotels into the Life House portfolio, monitoring and reporting to hotel Ownership on hotel performance, identifying potential issues and opportunities for value enhancement, and assisting the team with the development of the hotel annual plans.
What You'll Do:
- Interfacing with the Life House Acquisitions team to transition new hotels to our portfolio.
- Developing annual plans (working alongside the Hotel/F&B Operations, Sales and Marketing, and Revenue Management teams)
- Monitoring hotel performance and reporting on that performance directly to Ownership, alongside strategic recommendations to improve performance or enhance the asset value
- Working alongside Life House Revenue Management to ensure monthly KPIs are tracking properly and communicating progress to hotel Ownership
- Working alongside the Life House Finance team to ensure monthly P&Ls are correct and representative of the previous month’s financial performance. Responsibilities also include providing hotel Ownership groups both written and verbal financial performance commentary as necessary.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to help hotel Ownership groups better understand specific performance, expense and labor statistics in a clean, professional and efficient manner.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1-2 years of relevant business experience is preferred, including: investment banking, real estate (acquisitions and/or asset management), and/or hotel operations.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills (including proficiency in Microsoft Excel); familiarity with Asana is a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; a self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree (particularly in a business related field) is required
- This is a remote position and some travel may be required (15-20%)