Assoc Tech. Support Analyst at Visa (Miami, FL)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
The CyberSource Associate Technical Support Analyst (Technical Support Engineer) provide phone and web support to our growing number of direct customers and channel resellers. This includes assisting new customers with the initial set up of CyberSource's online payment services, educating customers on the use of our online business management tools, reports and continuing to resolve any issues our customers might face. The TSE role globally represents the second line of support for CyberSource's products. The TSE will have significant interaction (phone, emails and web ticketing) with our customers and our internal engineering team on standard payment questions, API integrations, and cutting edge offerings such as ApplePay and token services. TSE's quickly identify and resolve first and second level technical problems. You will be an outstanding teammate who enjoys working with others, including internal engineering and operational teams, to solve demanding customer issues. The size of the CS team creates a varied role with the need for an ability to act in multiple capacities at a time.
Technical Support Engineers are great teammates with the ability to deliver results in a dynamic and ever changing environment with superb communication and time management skills. They have excellent customer service skills and the ability to comprehend technical topics and present them to non-technical users.
What you’ll do:
- Engage with our clients through multiple contact channels in a fast-paced environment
- Understand client needs and tackle problems
- Think creatively about technical issues and find ways to change showstoppers into positive ways forward
- Work closely with internal teams and external partners to deep dive
- Manage escalation workflows using our systems to ensure nothing falls to the bottom of the to-do list
- Keep current on product releases and updates
- Share the knowledge among your fellow troubleshooters
What you'll bring:
- A passion for solving problems.
- A way with words that makes technical topics easy to understand
- A keen eye for getting to the root cause of an issue
- A love of helping people
- An ability to manage multiple needs and keep them all on track
- A strong ethos towards helping the team win
- A basic understanding of code (Java, C/C++, Perl, etc.), network protocols and infrastructure
A few cherries on top:
- Extended knowledge of code, network protocols and infrastructure
- Demonstrable experience in a service environment juggling multiple interactions or issues
- Exposure to payments or financial services
THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED IN OUR AUSTIN, BELLEVUE or FOSTER CITY LOCATIONS!Qualifications
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting/debugging skills and a real passion for problem solving
- Quickly evaluate information, and make quick decisions based on multiple factors
- Handle multiple service requests with strict time limits on an ongoing basis
- Ability to multi-task, continually re-prioritize cases and work under pressure
- 2 or more years of work experience
- 2+ years of Tier 2 level Technical Helpdesk experience preferred
- MIS strongly preferred
- Intermediate-level knowledge of Network protocols, infrastructure, and topologies
- Prior knowledge of online payment processing and/or banking industry is a plus
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.