Assistant Category Manager (Pet Insights) at NielsenIQ
Location: St. Louis, MO
Ref #: REF11907K
ABOUT THIS JOB
As an Assistant Category Manager - Customer Success & Insights, you are responsible for all client activity and the overall success of NielsenIQ at the customer. This includes driving timely outcomes and client value through the data and analytics which drive the overall customer experience and elevate NielsenIQs performance. This role has deep knowledge of customers’ business and industry to identify new opportunities for NielsenIQ to drive value. Works successfully across a matrixed organization structure, fully leveraging the service model.
- Partner with clients to set agendas that drive business impact and maximum client value
- Leverage NielsenIQ solutions and apply market and industry knowledge to conduct advanced issue-based analyses with clear proactive insights and action oriented recommendations
- Build and maintain strong client relationships with adaptability, urgency, and positivity
- Seek collaborative opportunities, both internally and externally, identifying occasions to enhance a project by working across teams at NielsenIQ
- Drive usage and adoption of NielsenIQ solutions
- Analysis using NielsenIQ data solutions and Excel PowerPoint, and Business Intelligence Applications ( Examples: Power BI, Tableau, Oracle, SAS)
- Recognize potential revenue opportunities with clients and lead your team to drive sales
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
- You’re the first to recognize an opportunity, then turn it into a client solution. You are flexible and easily adapt in a dynamic work environment.
- You confidently manage data, and you care about the people behind every number. In fact, you’re a person who feels energized by successful collaboration.
- You manage relationships and expectations as well as you manage projects, and your experience speaks for itself.
- Curiosity, communication, and critical thinking drive your work--whether you got it.
- You are creative in leveraging existing data sources to answer tough client questions.
- You have a can do attitude, able to tell a story on data for stakeholders and decision-makers
- 3-7 years of experience with demonstrated expertise in syndicated data analysis in the FMCG, CPG and Retail industries and application to client-related business issues
- Experience with Syndicated Data a plus
- Experience in collaborating on projects, and maintaining positive client relationships in complex situations
- Experience in presenting data analysis to Stakeholders and decision-makers
- Proven experience successfully meeting sales revenues and targets
- Strong analytical aptitude and proficiency in a range of software and digital tech
- Polished, persuasive communication skills with experience in presentations and proposal writing
- Bachelors Degree Required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.