Area Manager, Carolinas at The Looma Project (Raleigh, NC)
Looma exists to connect shoppers to the people and stories behind food & beverage products. Our first product, Loop™ At-Shelf Maker Stories, is a network of smart tablets in grocery stores that play short, human-centric films connecting producer to consumer. The data generated by Loop™ fuels our proprietary film production and optimization processes, forming a flywheel we believe will one day power the world’s most sophisticated platform for human-centric point-of-decision video.
Our goal for Loop™ is simple but audacious: we want it to be the best in-store program our brands and retailers have ever participated in. Looma Area Managers play a critical role in making this happen, primarily by working with store teams to develop and maintain a phenomenal in-store experience. Many store teams have little background on Loop™, so Area Managers are responsible for educating them on our mission and value propositions, and then working with them to ensure Loop™ is installed in the right locations, merchandised properly, and featuring the right brands for the store. This is a highly relational role with lots of travel: we're looking for someone energized by visiting lots of stores, winning over a broad range of people, and helping us build a phenomenal set of programs in North Carolina and South Carolina. Must be based in NC or SC.
- Build and own relationships with store teams (store managers, grocery managers, beer/wine stewards) within chains in North Carolina and South Carolina
- Promote Looma’s mission and value propositions at the store level
- Work with store teams to identify optimal in-store locations for Loop™
- Track merchandising execution performance and build systems for improving it over time
- Partner with Looma’s Shopper Experience and Story Development departments to identify ways of improving the in-store experience for shoppers
- Conduct occasional store audits and shopper surveys
- Perform occasional ad hoc maintenance and troubleshooting
- Passionate about Looma’s mission of connecting producer to consumer
- Contagious warmth with the ability to win over nearly anyone
- Relationally energized and excited to build relationships with hundreds of store employees
- Quick to understand the nuances of store ops’ competing priorities and able to contextualize Looma’s requests
- Comfortable with numbers and pattern recognition (e.g., understanding dashboard trends or A-B test mechanics) and able to recommend changes at the chain-wide level
- Quick to understand and identify additional revenue opportunities
- Eager to learn in a high-growth startup environment
- Bonus: Experience with adult beverage and/or off-premise distribution, though not required
Structure & Compensation
The Area Manager role will consist of ~60% travel. Looma will provide a competitive compensation package consisting of base salary and stock options. All Looma compensation packages include cash/equity flexibility (i.e. you can opt for more equity and less cash or vice-versa).
- Employee coverage for health, dental, and vision (gold plan)
- Unlimited PTO (3-week minimum)
- 12-week primary caregiver leave
- Flexible office setting (office, flex, or WFH, with associated stipends)
- $100/month craftsmanship stipend
Looma’s Hiring Philosophy
Looma believes culture is one of the strongest predictors of success for a startup. Strong contributors to Looma’s culture will exhibit the following characteristics:
- Emotional Intelligence
Diversity & Nondiscrimination
Looma believes diversity is a fundamental good, and we are committed to promoting diversity both in our workplace and through the stories we tell. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status, class or caste status, or any other protected class. Our global nondiscrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business.
Adult Beverage, CPG, Retail, Distribution, Operations, Education, Account Management, Merchandising, In-Store Experience, Craft Beer, Wine, Startup, Venture Capital, Retail Tech, Adtech, Retail Media, Consumer Goods, Hospitality, Technology