Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
As a field-based Area Construction Manager, you’ll lead a team that plays a critical role in the acquisition, assessment, and renovation of Opendoor’s home purchases. You’ll work with our customers, vendors, and various Opendoor teams, including those in our San Francisco office. The Area Construction Manager will also support the market National Home Operations team, along with the market GM, in establishing a culture that is conducive to Opendoor’s core principles and a superior customer experience.
- Interview, hire and train a team of field-based personnel designed to conduct in-home assessments, interface with customers and vendors, and manage multiple renovation projects that meet Opendoor’s home quality standards.
- Review and approve initial repair and renovation scopes to ensure adherence to quality and pricing standards. Review and approve repair scope change orders; generate feedback loop to improve overall scoping accuracy.
- Manage a team of 6-10 field-based estimators and project managers focused on day-to-day, city-based operations to ensure the timely execution of all estimation and renovation activities.
- Analyze renovation project speed, cost, and quality performance metrics to identify opportunities and implement corrective action where necessary.
- Determine the scope, pricing & validity of all repair asks; and above all ensure that the team is in alignment with the company’s home quality standards, goals and objectives.
- Assist in sourcing new vendors as market need increases
- Support the market GM in all aspects of assessment and renovation process by collaborating with other internal teams to align goals and meet company objectives.
- 5+ years residential construction/renovation management
- 3+ of supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Bonus Points if
- Management and leadership experience
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Strong technical and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new software programs
- Quantitative and data-driven; able to draw insights from data, but also to make decisions based on imperfect data
- Expertise in estimating and managing residential construction and renovations projects
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- A team-first mentality and eagerness to set and meet aggressive goals
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
Read Full Job Description