Architect Education Specialist - Remote at Black Spectacles
Are you a serious, direct and analytical person comfortable taking the lead? Are you known for your ability to execute with a high degree of expediency and accuracy? Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? If so, Black Spectacles’ Architect Education Specialist role may be the perfect opportunity for you to grow in your career!
At Black Spectacles, we’re a purpose driven company, aimed squarely at educating and inspiring architects across the world so they can thrive in their careers.
Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for an Architect Education Specialist to advise the Black Spectacles internal team on all architectural related concepts, QA our products and content, and assist with customer communication on our community, social media channels, and customer service chat.
- Serve as a go-to subject matter expert within the company for all things architecture
- Research and develop content for study materials -- we’ll be launching all-new video content for all divisions in 2022, and you’ll be at the helm of ideating, writing, and working with video and motion graphics teams to make tough architectural concepts come to life
- Be responsible for the ongoing QA of all Black Spectacles products and content, particularly practice exam and quiz questions
- Help moderate and answer customer questions sent to us or posted on our ARE Community
- Hire, evaluate, and oversee architect consultants for project-based work
Key outcomes of the job:
- Successfully deliver new ARE video lecture content on schedule
- Assist in launching new product feature in first six months
- Increase customer satisfaction with ARE Test Prep content
- Design, create, and launch standalone virtual workshops
- You are a licensed architect who earned their licensure under ARE 5.0
- You have experience managing multiple commercial projects from start to finish (including bidding, SD, DD, and CA)
- You have a strong desire to help architects on their path to licensure
- You are skilled in communicating difficult concepts and theories related to architecture
- You're excited to dive deep into reference materials and resources to determine the information that is the most pertinent to the exam, and how to present it
- You're willing to be accountable to our customers’ success, you encourage and respect your teammates, and you're careful and thoughtful with your work. You also appreciate and value the power of great design.
- Preferred but not required: you have experience teaching, mentoring, or helping others prepare for the ARE
- 'Work from wherever' policy
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee referral program
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Frequent team events & quarterly social gatherings
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.