A/R and A/P Associate at Brilliant Earth
Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable Associate - Brilliant Earth
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and a leader in ethical origin fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
The A/R and A/P Associate oversees and processes all transactions within accounts receivable and accounts payable to ensure customer deposits are fully reconciled and vendors are paid in a timely fashion. In this role, you will work as part of a small, collaborative finance team working closely with other departments. You will have the opportunity to have a clear impact on the company’s growth while developing your accounting skills. Ideal candidates will thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time.
The Accounting team is currently working remotely, and this position will start in a remote capacity. When we return to our office, this position does require regular on-site attendance in our Denver office.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Enters vendor invoices and charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports. Report significant variances to management.
- Ensures all vendor invoices, credits, and disbursements are properly approved or matched with purchase order (PO) before processing. Resolves any PO, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies.
- Provide analyses for pricing decisions, contract negotiations, and vendor allocation.
- Handles Accounts Receivable daily deposit reconciliation for various payment methods.
- Enters daily customer deposits in accounting software and handles A/R audit and reconciliation.
- Schedules and prepares company checks, bill payments, and bank wires as required.
- Maintains accounting sub-ledgers by verifying and properly posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions in NetSuite.
- Tracks and maintains historical vendor invoices and records.
- Reports sales and use taxes based on state regulations.
- Assists in reconciling bank and credit card statements.
- Assists in month-end close and reconciling and maintaining General Ledger balances and accounts.
- BS or BA degree in Accounting/Economics/Business, preferred
- Experience working in Finance/Accounting preferred
- Experience in thorough data entry with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to think analytically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Collaborative, team player with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability in the role
- Strong PC computer skills, Excel proficiency a must
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
The targeted budget for this position is $45-50K. This compensation budget range may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the company.
What We Offer
At Brilliant Earth, we’re passionate about the employee experience. That’s why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive salaries and a robust benefits package, including:
- Equity Compensation. You will play an important role in the growth and success of the company. RSU awards allow us all to share in these successes.
- Insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match. We know that saving for the future is important. That's why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Open PTO Policy. We know it’s important to recharge and relax.
- Disability and Life insurance. 100% employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education. Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts. As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you’ll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits. We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities. In addition to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.
Brilliant Earth is committed to the principles of Equal Employment. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State, and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws.