Analyst, Security Operations Center (SOC) at Brightspeed (Remote)
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!Job Description
Brightspeed has an exciting opportunity for an Analyst, Security Operations Center (SOC) to join our growing team. Reporting directly to the Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager, as the SOC Analyst you will monitor and fight threats to the organization's infrastructure. In addition, will assess security systems for weaknesses and possible improvements for all networks (internal, customer-facing, Telcom, etc.). You will also be part of a critical team of on-call 24x7 to manage critical incidents. This position requires an individual that can handle multiple priorities and business risks.
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Team is responsible for protecting the entire company. The team is augmented by an MSP (Managed Service Provider) vSOC (virtual SOC) team that will monitor all networks 24 x 7. The vSOC provides tier 1 monitoring and incident response. This SOC team will work directly with the vSOC and will provide next-level support in all aspects of security operations, including but not limited to incident response and threat hunting. The SOC team combines people, processes, and tools to continuously monitor and improve Brightspeed’s security posture while preventing, detecting, analyzing, and responding to cyber security incidents.
The role requires a strong background and understanding of all cyber security domains and works in the Protect, Detect, and Respond areas of the NIST CSF Framework. As an Analyst, SOC you will make vital cyber security decisions using a business risk analysis approach. Brightspeed is a cloud-first (Azure, GCP, and SaaS) company with a significant data center presence. This model requires an individual that can consider security across a diverse portfolio of assets and networks. Brightspeed is also on a Zero Trust journey, which means the individual should be able to execute a multi-year program while ensuring network security and moving the organization along the maturity curve.
We are looking for an individual passionate about cyber security to work alongside a talented team to enable Brightspeed’s best-in-class cyber security organization. All Enterprise Cyber Security organization team members also perform any other duties assigned.
As Analyst, Security Operations Center you will have the following responsibilities:
- Monitor, manage and configure security tools
- Review incidents to assess their urgency and escalate incidents, if necessary
- Triage alerts
- Manage incident response across organizations and internal/external teams
- Correlate and analyze events and data to determine the scope of cyber security incidents
- Recognize attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures as potential indicators of compromise (IOCs) to improve monitoring, analysis, and incident response
- Tune SIEM and IDS alerting to reduce false positives, improve productivity, and improve detection capabilities
- Develop automation playbooks
- Provide prescriptive remediation guidance to IT and network teams
- Document incident responses with the detailed root cause and recommendations
- Perform threat hunting
- Provide 24x7 (on-call) support
- Takes ownership of all network protection applications/platforms.
- Develop alerts based on current threats
- Provide support for digital forensics (DFIR)
- Monitor and manage/support all event sources
- Use the SIEM, SOAR, DLP tools, Cloud Posture Management, Endpoint Management, Endpoint Protection Systems (EDR/XDR), and other security tools to monitor and manage security incidents
- Monitor threat intelligence sources for actionable intelligence and develop strategies to mitigate
- Participates in organizational projects, as required
- Ticket Management
- Case Management
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE
- Experience in multiple domains of cyber security
- Experience in network protection approaches and technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Security
- Experience in Ethical Hacking
- Experience in incident response is a plus
- Experience with GCP and Azure is a plus
- Experience with security in GCP and Azure is a plus
- Must have a technical cyber security background
- Experience in multiple types of operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux)
- Working knowledge of Zero Trust architectures is a plus
- Working knowledge of standard computer software, including MS Office and Teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing for time-sensitive priorities
- Strong attention to detail to ensure that policies and standard procedures are followed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Telecom/Cable/Internet Service Provider industry experience
- Degree, Certificate in Cyber Security, or a directly related field
- Education requirements may be replaced with previous related work experience and cyber security certifications (CISSP, CISM, Security+, CEH, Azure Security Engineer, etc..)
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please be advised that Brightspeed (Connect Holding LLC) requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to the Company’s legal obligations including potentially accommodating an employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or medical condition.