AML Quality Assurance Senior Specialist at SoFi (Jacksonville, FL)
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The AML Quality Assurance (“QA”) Senior Specialist will be responsible for reviewing the work product for several AML functions, including the Financial Intelligence Unit (“FIU”) transaction monitoring and Client Intelligence Unit (“CIU”) customer due diligence (“CDD”) in accordance with SoFi internal policies and procedures, the Bank Secrecy Act and the USA PATRIOT Act.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct quality assurance reviews for the AML FIU, CIU, and sanctions functions which incorporate client onboarding, customer due diligence, enhanced due diligence, transaction monitoring investigations, and sanctions screening.
- Analyze cases completed by CIU Investigators to ensure that their customer analysis is completed and all required and relevant documentation supporting each review is provided.
- Review cases related to the disposition of adverse media alerts to ascertain whether CIU Associates correctly determined whether a true match to a new or existing customer exists and has been escalated, as applicable.
- Analyze cases completed by FIU Investigators to ensure that they meet the requirements in accordance with SoFi’s Financial Intelligence Unit investigation procedures.
- Collaborate with the Investigation Team Lead to provide feedback as appropriate and ensure any corrective actions required are completed.
- Participate in the development and implementation of procedures, goals, checklists, goals, and objectives for the QA function.
- Identify training needs based on themes identified through the case reviews
- Maintain a thorough comprehension of AML typologies related to retail banking and wealth management.
- Conduct research utilizing available systems, databases, and the internet, consistent with the resolution of investigations.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in a related field
- 4-6 years of experience in the finance industry focusing on quality assurance for AML transaction monitoring, internal/external investigations, and KYC functions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and across different business lines
- Excellent working knowledge of AML/BSA laws and regulations relative to money laundering and terrorist financing and the ability to apply this knowledge in assessing transaction activity
Specific Skills in:
- Experience with AML transaction monitoring, customer due diligence, and enhanced due diligence.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required
- Must be able to multitask, adapt well to changing priorities, and effectively prioritize workflow to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and changing environment; must work well under pressure
- Excellent analytical skills required
Nice to have:
- CAMS certification preferred (or willingness to become certified within one year of start date).
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program