Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Robinhood is looking for an AML Investigations Manager with crypto-compliance experience to join the AML Investigations department. The AML Investigations Manager will be responsible for supervising AML investigation and suspicious activity report production with an emphasis on crypto transactions. The team lead will also be responsible for assisting with the development of policies and procedures, conducting training, and developing new hires. The role will support the AML Investigations department in managing risk and monitoring customer behavior to ensure we meet our requirements under Firm policy, the BSA, FinCEN guidance, SEC rules, and FINRA regulations.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Oversee a team of investigators including day-to-day production, training, and professional development
- Manage AML investigations including daily workflow, operational queues, suspicious activity reporting, and metrics
- Investigate crypto escalations and filings of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) where necessary
- Assist in developing and training AML investigators
- Assist in developing and enhancing AML investigations-related policies, procedures, and desktop aids
- Conduct, review, and evaluate investigations and findings leveraging AML subject-matter expertise
- Support program-wide investigations through gathering data and/or documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years working in AML investigations (ideally focused on cryptocurrency)
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering regulations and applicable rules (i.e. BSA, FinCEN, NYDFS)
- Strong operations background and experience conducting AML investigations
- Experience developing AML policies, procedures, and training
- Strong written and verbal communication, analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to a changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Resourceful, persistent and ability to thrive in fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Advanced degree: Masters, JD, etc.
- Experience with Actimize
- Experience with blockchain analytics software (Chainalysis, Elliptic, etc.)
- Experience working with NYDFS and other relevant regulators
- ACAMs Certified
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).