Air Service Development Consulting Director at Informa (Remote)
ASM is the world's leading air route development brand helping airports, cities, destinations and regions grow their air routes and connectivity.
Part of the Aviation Week group, alongside Routes and CAPA, within Informa Markets ASM supports our clients through strategy, representation, data and analytics to delivery lasting economic impact. We are committed to fulfilling these aspirations whilst at the same time advocating sustainability and helping the aviation industry achieve it's Net Zero targets.Job Description
- The planning and implementation of air service route development strategies and initiatives primarily for airport clients. The Air Service Development Consulting Director will also support the development of strategic partnerships with the airports stakeholders, city, tourism, regional and national.
- Build and leverage relationships with the world’s airlines and tour operators for the benefit of our clients. Lead missions to meet with airlines (planning, scheduling, marketing, International development teams), building and presenting business cases for new routes, manage follow up and support the negotiations of incentives.
- Provide future traffic advisory expertise, particularly with regard to airport infrastructure investment appraisal. Able to envisage how markets can grow, what will be the factors that will influence growth.
- Manage day-to-day client relationships, leading regular account management calls and activity planning processes. Maintaining high levels of communication, strong working relationships and effective actions plans.
- Maintain industry insight, providing knowledge and opinion on the changing strategies and actions of airlines; and wider industry factors, such as sustainability, which can influence the opportunities for growth and strategic direction of clients.
- Manage projects and client commitments involving delegation to other team members across all levels
- Drive product development and innovation, particularly in the data science and analytics areas and opening key market/customer type adjacencies.
- Collaborate closely with all regions of ASM teams to determine effective cross group client management and group business development.
- Develop reputation enhancing content, written and live, to advance our positions on market issues and likely future industry influencing factors.
- Forge deeper industry relations and partnerships for ASM to advance our reach and growth opportunities
Within Aviation Week Network:
- Forge relationships across group to leverage respective brands, driving business growth and improved client service.
- Support the leadership of ASM with the formation of consulting & expertise business expansion across the wider aviation portfolio and within market community areas such as Business Aviation, Aerospace, MRO, Corporate Travel
- Join working groups when required, such as “Airports 360” and a new to be formed “Airlines 360” group to leverage sales and business development synergies across group brands
- Support the forging of deeper relationship with industry partners and associations
- Provide key market insight and product development input to family businesses, in particular Routes, helping their product innovation within market adjacencies such as Air Cargo and Destination development.
- You are likely to have a number of years experience in the aviation industry. Having worked for either/or/and an airport, airline, consultancy you will be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of and achievements in network planning and route development.
- You will be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the aspirations of airports, the cities and destination they serve with regard to air service connectivity and business growth.
- You will be able to demonstrate a strong appreciation of the strategies of airlines, the processes by which airlines determine strategic direction and particular in the commercial functions of airlines including network planning, revenue management, sales and marketing.
As an individual you will be:
- A self-starter, able to initiate and drive forward agendas and action plans for our clients and internally
- Able to find practical solutions to problems and challenges that customers set us
- Strong at action and programme planning, being able to work individually and as a project leader to achieve commitments on time and to a quality standard of performance
- Articulate, both verbally and written, able to communicate clearly recommendations at a senior level
- Both measured in approach whilst at the same time action and results orientated
- Have strong listening skills, able to understand and absorb nuanced client, airline and internal briefings respond in a clear and thoughtful manner
- Have strength in business development skills, able to drive forward aspirations for customers, sales for ASM and growth potential for our business
- Able to collaborate well whether internally across ASM and the wider Aviation group, as well as with industry partners
- Strong analytically, able to understand and process industry data as well as exploring new data sources
- Be a motivator, both of the team members, customers and their stakeholders, able to encourage and drive teams on in the pursuit of objectives and aspirations
- A comfortable networker, able to build industry connections and leverage these for the betterment of clients and the company
ASM is a blend of collaborative working and self-starter requirements.
Candidates must demonstrate strong relationship building skills as well as being able to develop creative solutions for clients.