By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
We’re Ada, a brand interaction platform that empowers brands to live up to their promises and have more—and more valuable—interactions with the people who love them. Our AI-powered platform has automated over 2.9 billion brand interactions for the world’s fastest growing enterprises, including Zoom, Facebook, and Shopify. In May 2021, we raised Series C funding of $130M by Spark Capital (early investors of Twitter, Slack, Snapchat), and officially became a global unicorn with a $1.2B valuation!
The passion of our people and dedication to their craft continues to drive our dramatic global growth.
Our work is rooted in authenticity, courage, empathy, and simplicity. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results, career progression, and community investment. You can learn more about the founding of our company here, and our Engineering Team here.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us.
As an Agile Team Coach, you will be integral in helping us build out our Agile Leadership Office Here at Ada (ALOHA), establishing and growing a servant leadership team to deliver world class agile practices for the Product, Engineering, and Design (PED) organization. You will be responsible for championing, and measuring the success of our operating frameworks with an eye on helping to scale them up in the near future. You will be part of the team that facilitates our engineering teams and Ada on our unique journey towards highly efficient and fun agile delivery.
- Must haves:
- 3+ years of experience in an Agile environment
- Experience in helping to execute one or more approaches to scaled agility ([email protected], LeSS, Spotify, Flow Metrics)
- Practiced application of several team level Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP) with an emphasis on applying them within the engineering context
- Ability to work within the intersection of Agile, Lean IT, and DevOps to help drive high-performance across the engineering organization
- A pragmatic passion for agile practices, servant leadership, mentorship and coaching
- Ability to create and maintain positive, influential work relationships with others in PED leadership
- An ability to help teams find the meaningful constructs given their context and capabilities that work for them at a given time, and develop the rigor and courage to inspect and adapt as they make progress.
- Deliver fact based, data backed insights to Ada leadership to help shape process and cultural change
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to make forward progress in the face of obstacles
- Ability to decompose bigger problems into small increments
- Curiosity, patience, flexibility, and a hypothesis driven approach towards problem solving
- Thoughtful opinions on how to achieve agility while maintaining an open mind towards challenges to those opinions
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate complex situations and with a wide variety of personalities
- Strong optimism and a can-do attitude, able to influence others both within and outside your team and work collaboratively
- Nice to have:
- Experience working in a distributed, Remote-First environment
- 3 Months
- Work with the Director of Agile Delivery and your peers to understand existing processes, practices, and gaps
- Demonstrate progress in helping our teams understand the “why” of our chosen agile practices and tools for success. Be able to explain and defend the core tenets of agile easily.
- Foster continuous improvement by guiding the team to self-reflect, identify opportunities, be open and transparent about failure, and improve through experimentation
- Be able to quickly understand the team’s work, and communicate cross-functionality to update others in the PED org, or unblock issues.
- Support and coach the product managers on agile practices, including backlog care and feeding, refinement and prioritization, epic and feature decomposition, writing stories and acceptance criteria
- 6 Months
- Help to establish broad, PED wide planning cadences, ceremonies, and expectations across all of PED
- Assist with publishing goals and measurements for ongoing improvement and observability of the current state of value delivery at Ada
- Improve the ability for teams to pivot on changing business needs
- Improve predictability in planning and delivery
- Increase in team satisfaction as evidenced by participation, retrospectives, and other feedback mechanisms
- 1 Year
- Improved ability to solve complexity with teams by encouraging and supporting them to run experiments and test hypotheses.
- Established comfort and aptitude with facilitating knowledge development and re-use across the PED organization.
- Work with the ALOHA team to establish a roadmap to corporate wide adoption of agile practices
- You will grow your team from zero today to an appropriate number of people to help facilitate better agile practices for our teams at Ada. This will incubate in the PED (Product, Engineering, and Design) organization, but will scale outward through Ada as far as you dare!
- Agile Team Coaches will support Engineering teams ranging in size from 5-9 engineers. We currently have 10 such teams but are constantly growing that number.
- This role reports to the Director of Agile Delivery .
- This role will work closely with the Director of Agile Delivery, and the other Agile Team Coaches along with the PED leadership team (VPs, Directors, Architects, and EMs) to build out a world class value delivery team.
• Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
• Unlimited vacation
• Wellness account
• Extended health coverage
• Dental/optical/travel insurance
• Life insurance
• Employee and family assistance plan
• Flexible work schedule
• Digital first, fully remote with WFH budget
• In-house social worker
• Paid parental leave for Canadian and U.S. residents
• Development opportunities
Ada is a rapidly growing digital first company in a thriving AI ecosystem. We optimize our communication, collaboration, and work ethic for the digital world instead of in-person. We are building the workplace of the future to build the customer experience of the future. With flexible working hours, together we'll determine a schedule that fits your style and the requirements of your role.
We are backed by world-class investors, including Spark, Accel, FirstMark, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success—it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.
Read Full Job Description