Advanced Systems Manager III - GEOINT Business Capture - Location Flexible at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area)
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people who promote a sense of belonging and equality with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. What's more, our company balances listening to experiences, providing feedback, and partnership at all levels to create a more inclusive environment. Our team members are able to fully invest in the work that they do, bringing dynamic thinking and energy to Ball Aerospace.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Advanced Technology & Information Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides scientific, engineering and other experts that work with our customers to solve their hardest problems and advance state-of-the-art technology. Our data solutions professionals deliver enterprise processing, analytics, exploitation and management, as well as information technology hardware that provide actionable information for warfighters and decision makers. In addition, our subject matter experts provide world-class technology and operational insight that help organizations advance the boundaries of knowledge and accomplish their missions.
Advanced Systems Manager III - GEOINT Business Capture - Location Flexible
This position can be supported from Ball office locations in St. Louis, MO, Dayton, OH, Westminster, Broomfield, or Boulder, CO.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with portfolio leaders and technologists to sustain, advance, and evolve Ball Aerospace's GEOINT Engineering Services business pipeline, with focus on qualifying and capturing new business opportunities with NGA. Present strategies and roadmaps to management for sustaining and growing business with NGA.
- Develop and execute capture strategies to shape and connect opportunities with Ball Aerospace geospatial data services, modern software engineering, knowledge discovery, data science, and automated analytic capabilities.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key customers to understand their requirements, plans, goals, and concerns for developing new business.
- Prepare and submit white papers, ROMS, RFI/RFQ responses and present tailored capability briefings in response to customer needs and to shape requirements and acquisition strategies.
- Drive opportunities from capture decision to contract award, managing bid strategies and overseeing the development of the technical, management and cost strategies and associated proposal volumes.
- Develop and maintain a strong industry network and relationships across large and small businesses with significant presence in the GEOINT market. Establish and nurture necessary industry partnerships to effectively compete for new opportunities.
- Actively engage with Government and industry leaders through trade organizations, industry days, trade shows, and other business-related information gathering events.
- Collaborate with technologists and engineers to understand existing capabilities and identify gaps for internal investment aligned to business strategies and roadmaps. Participate in the IR&D coordination and development process.
- Collaborate with Ball Aerospace personnel in our St. Louis, Colorado, Ohio, and National Capital Area (NCA) offices.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 12 years or more related experience is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- A current, active Top Secret security clearance is required.
- Demonstrated capability to successfully manage capture for pursuits of various sizes, ranging from $1M to $200M. Includes experience in targeting the market, identifying and qualifying new business opportunities, and leading teams through the capture process to include: customer contact plans, competitive intelligence, gap analysis, and bid team structuring; development of the value proposition, win strategy, and offer design; price-to-win and design to cost; proposal development, color reviews, submission, final proposal revisions, hand-off for implementation, lessons learned continuous improvement, and new business budgeting.
- Related experience includes data management and services, software development, modern software and systems architectures, and GEOINT mission CONOPs for the DoD and/or IC. Demonstrate strong technical competence in one or more of these areas.
- Recent experience with NGA, agile development, and DevOps practices is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to lead proposals for DoD and/or IC including strong technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to grow new business and knowledge of current government acquisition strategies.
- Experience working and operating within classified program environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly for senior technical and decision-making audiences.
- Strong program and/or capture management skills.
- Influencing, communication, and team skills will be critical to successful execution of the duties of the position.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $152,500 - $210,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.