Advanced Practice Provider (APP) | Virtual Overnight - Remote at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as an Advanced Practitioner Provider - Virtual Care (Remote - Overnights) in Phoenix, AZ
Please note this is not an on-call position. This position requires overnight and weekend shifts. Candidates must have current, unrestricted AZ State license.
As a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with VillageMD – Virtual Care, you will discover something unexpected: an entire organization built around the value of primary care. We empower our primary care physicians and providers to deliver person to person care that lets you do what you do best. We will support you with evidence based best practices and a full multi-disciplinary team to help you provide the best care for your patient. With the latest tools to enable you to provide modern high-tech care with a human.
Our approach is value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered, allowing us to meet today’s healthcare challenges with improved practices and consistent results. We’re growing and we’re looking for providers who share our passion for excellence and enthusiasm to drive positive change.
How you can make a difference
As a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with Village Medical – Virtual Care you’ll work with an integrated care team to extend our high-quality care model after hours. This new care team within the organization will expand the Village Medical physician and APP led model 24/7 to ensure that patients can rely on their Village Medical provider when they need it, wherever they need it. This role will support patients by answering critical, time sensitive medical questions or fulfilling urgent healthcare needs through chat, asynchronous messaging, phone call and on demand virtual visits. Some of your primary responsibilities will include:
Exceptional patient care:
- Working independently or with a team of medical assistants to triage clinical and administrative patient needs
- Managing administrative patient needs like refill requests, clinical questions and other tasks
- Offering personal, professional urgent care directly to patients through chat, asynchronous messaging, telephone and video visits
- Maintaining accurate and current patient records
- Reviewing patient’s current symptoms, identifying diagnosis for care management and active medical management of treatment
- Completing virtual examinations, answering questions about medications, and addressing other urgent care needs
- Completing chart reviews and audits to ensure accurate clinical documentation around ICD10 codes
- Working in conjunction with other clinical providers, APPs, and physicians to deliver premium care in a 100% virtual environment
- Communicating assessment findings as a vital member of a PCP care team to inform potential gaps in care or suggested care plan changes
- Clinical support from highly trained staff
- Answering clinical questions and patient requests for Physicians and APPs who are on PTO
Could this be you?
Our model of care lets you focus on what matters most: your patients. Our model provides the support that you need to deliver the outcomes you’ve always wanted. In our physician-led organization, our practicing physicians and providers are making the important decisions that create the changes we are working towards.
Click here to see our vision for Village Medical
Experience to drive change
- Must be a graduate and certified from an accredited advanced practice program
- Two or more years of clinical experience, with a demonstrated ability to work autonomously; capable of providing care without physician supervision
- Comfortable treating adult patients, conducting comprehensive or episodic health history and physical assessment of patients/families with acute, chronic and/or potential health problems
- Current, unrestricted AZ State license or be eligible for licensure
- Active Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration or be eligible for registration
- Must possess active Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment or be eligible to enroll
- Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), both strongly preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Advanced typing proficiency
- Capacity to work in a fast paced, quickly changing environment while offering compassionate and individualized patient care
- Comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system; Athena experience preferred
- Professional physical environment that ensures HIPAA compliance and a positive patient experience
How you will thrive
In addition to outstanding earning potential with financial incentives, CME allowance, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous allowed time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
Diversity and inclusion. Integral to the VillageMD culture, they help guide daily success and long-term innovation. We thrive on trust, acceptance, and respect – it's what we provide to others and what we expect. And while we are diverse, we share a common goal: a belief that solutions focused on primary care deliver the highest quality and improves the lives of all. It is only by establishing unity together that we are able to pursue our individual bests.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future as an innovator in healthcare with VillageMD today.