Administrator II - Contracts at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area)
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Finance Strategic Capability Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Administrator II - Contracts
What You'll Do:
- Assume an individual contributor role for contract negotiation and administration on a variety of domestic governmental programs encompassing all phases of the acquisition life cycle (pre-proposal through contract close out) process.
- Assist staff in reviewing Request For Proposals (RFPs)/ Request For Orders (RFOs) and contracts, and in generating proposals, Nondisclosure Agreements (NDA's), Teaming Agreements and other related documents to assess corporate risk and recommend mitigation approaches/strategies and ensure compliance with Federal regulations, Ball Aerospace policy, and customer requirements.
- Establish effective internal and external customer relationships.
- Prepare contract review records and obtain necessary management approvals.
- Perform contract closeout activities to include electronic development of the file and associated documents.
- May participate in proposal development of new and follow-on business and contract change order proposals and their negotiations.
- Maintain auditable Contract files. Support audits with Internal / External and Government Audit Agencies.
- Negotiate favorable customer payment terms to affect shareholder value.
- Work collaboratively with all levels of program and functional personnel and executive leadership to ensure compliance with all contractual requirements.
- Engage company empowered official when any Export Control actions are required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capability Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years ofrelated experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
- Business and Financial acumen preferred. Ability to apply knowledge and skills to current routine tasks.
- Experience with major aerospace primes/subs preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage a variety of contract action.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Tools including Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and SharePoint.
- Demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available / not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $60,500 - $82,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.