Administrator I - Contracts - PT at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Administrator I – Contracts
As a Contracts Administrator in the Tactical Solutions (TS) contracts department, reporting to a Manager, Contracts, you will assume a hands-on Contract Administrator I role as an individual contributor.
This is an entry level position, available to someone new to the contracting field. The duties of this position are focused on coordination of numerous production repair contracts and learning about the contracts profession at the same time.
What You'll Do:
- Provide contract administration functions in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Work with program and customer management to determine and meet program requirements.
- Administration of multiple repair contracts; requiring strong attention to detail and ability to successfully navigate a high volume of work.
- May form and administer contracts.
- Review and interpret contracts, modifications and change orders; prepare contract review records and obtain necessary management approvals.
- May recommend and implement negotiation strategies and techniques.
- May participate in contract-negotiating team.
- May participate in change proposals and their negotiations.
- May prepare presentations for program and customer management review.
- May prepare sales and profit accruals.
- May participate in the development of contract systems and procedures.
- Develop and provide required information to Supply Chain and Program Management organizations.
- Prepare and maintain required contract administration documentation in accordance with company procedures and government regulations.
- May act as official company liaison for and resolve contract matters with customer management.
- May coordinate the work of and assist in the training of other contract administrators.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel and Word applications
- A demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- This is a part-time position - 15-25 hours per week.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $24.04 - $32.45 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.