Are you naturally efficient and able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining high standards for accuracy and follow through? Would you say that you are reliable and enjoy working with people across an organization on a variety of tasks? Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable, and more creative place? If so, Black Spectacles’ Administrative Coordinator role may be the perfect opportunity for you to grow in your career!
At Black Spectacles, we’re a purpose driven company, aimed squarely at educating and inspiring architects across the world so they can thrive in their careers.
Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We're on the search for an Administrative Coordinator to further support our internal operations and our fully remote staff.
As the Administrative Coordinator, you will:
- Order supplies, equipment and other items as needed by our team.
- Track orders and supplies to ensure timely delivery and limited downtime.
- Schedule quarterly team events and large-scale annual company events.
- Work with our payroll partners to process reimbursements, invoices, billing inquiries, and other financials.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing company mail.
- Coordinate internal company remote meetings, such as the bi-weekly team happy hour, Lunch & Learns, and other department-specific meetings.
- Partner with HR and Recruiting to onboard new employees to the company, including scheduling, supplies and planning.
- Provide assistance to staff, managers, and senior-level officers as needed
- Create, prepare, and deliver reports to various departments
- Receive and forward communications to different staff and departments
- Perform clerical duties, such as filing, signature coordination, answering phone calls, and responding to emails
- Make travel arrangements
Key outcomes of the job:
- Consistent expedient response to short-term tasks
- Successful travel and event coordination
- BA in Communications, Public Relations, Human Resources, Business Administrations, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in office management, administrative work, clerical work or similar.
- Intermediate level of experience with productivity tools, such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly organized and able to create an organized and easy-to-follow system for others
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and duties simultaneously
- Independently motivated, with the ability to take on tasks and duties without immediate direction
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work successfully in a fully remote environment
- 'Work from Wherever' Policy
- BCBS Medical Plans
- Principal Dental, Vision, Short-Term, Long-Term and Life Insurance
- HSA & FSA Programs
- Profit Sharing Plans
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holiday Time Off
- Employer-Sponsored Training Opportunities
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Quarterly & Annual Team Events
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.