Administrative Assistant II at CNA
CNA has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Administrative Assistant II to join our team in Chicago, IL. This role will support our Senior Vice President of the Global Specialty - Healthcare unit. Primary responsibilities will include: interacting with others and resolving issues which may be sensitive and confidential in nature; acting as liaison between management and other business units; preparing presentations and reports using MS Office Suite (primarily Excel and PowerPoint); calendar management; travel reservations; expense reports; and general office management (new hire set up, order/maintain office supplies & equipment).
Our ideal candidate will possess strong organizational and communication skills. Expertise in the Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required. Previous insurance or financial services industry experience is desirable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assists management in the coordination of organizational administration activities which may include but would not be limited to performance reviews, cost center updates, customer communications, industry conferences and team meetings.
2. Within scope of authority, resolves problems and issues independently and proactively.
3. Drafts, prepares and distributes correspondence, memos, reports and other documents, which require the use of office technologies and software applications.
4. Collaborates with internal and external contacts regarding business unit administration matters.
5. Schedules and coordinates meetings, conferences, travel arrangements and maintains group and manager's business calendars.
6. Acting with a sense of urgency, prepares, processes and submits reports, which may include timekeeping and other payroll/business operations processes; may train staff or management on timekeeping and other administrative tools and processes.
7. Conducts research on assigned topics and summarizes information.
8. May establish and maintain official documents and records in appropriate files.
9. May assist management in special projects.
10. May attend meetings, seminars, etc. and record notes and provide information as needed.
11. May back up other Administrative Assistants, and may provide administrative assistance to other functional areas.
12. May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Supervisor or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including professional telephone etiquette.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners and staff at all levels.
3. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and other business related software systems.
4. Excellent organizational skills including ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks, as well as anticipate business needs.
5. Overall general knowledge of the insurance industry and the business units.
6. Strong analytic skills.
7. Ability to independently navigate the complexities of a matrix organization.
Education & Experience
1. College with course work in Marketing, Business, Accounting, etc. is desirable.
2. Typically a minimum of four years strong administrative experience with insurance industry experience strongly preferred.