Administrative Assistant (20/hrs week) (Remote) at Amwell
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Director of the Office of the Chairman & Co-CEO and be responsible for administrative duties related to the Chairman’s Office. The AA will make administrative decisions, handle correspondence, maintain files, make appointments, is versed in travel booking and serves as liaison externally with the public as required. The Administrative Assistant handles details of a confidential and critical nature and conducts her/himself with the highest degree of dignity, professionalism, and interpersonal effectiveness while exercising sound judgment.
- Arrange complex meetings (virtually and in-person), to include catering, meeting set-up & break-down, and compiling meeting materials.
- Process expense reports and assist with invoices for meetings, events, and travel in a timely fashion.
- Effectively support and back up other assistants, especially for high priority meetings, deadlines and deliverables.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, initiative, responsiveness, and attention to detail
- Routinely handle internal and external inquiries by screening calls, answering questions, and redirecting to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements for company executives as well as aide advisors, consultants, other team members, or external guests as necessary.
- Manage executives’ calendars, conference registration and arrangements
- Special projects and other duties as assigned or delegated
- Expenses – mostly data entry, matching receipts to appropriate business expenses
- Time checks
- Senior Executive’s occasional lunch
- Researching & booking travel (including hotels, flight, train & car options), familiarity with local travel guidelines related to health & safety requirements & recommendations
- Filing, scanning, business cards and other organizational needs
- Some days are longer, or earlier hours but not unmanageable or every week
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-6 years of administrative experience preferred
- Capable of presenting & communicating to senior leadership
- High energy level, enthusiastic, and eager to do what is necessary to be successful
- Excellent interpersonal, public presentation, written and communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly, to respond/react quickly to changing priorities and to be dedicated
- Execution of required tasks
- Thorough knowledge of company operations, policies, procedures, values & mission
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests based on own judgment of importance/need to the department
- Team player, embraces “One Team” value, can collaborate closely with team members to elevate the team
- High value on transparency and effective communication
- Can be available “off-hours” for time-sensitive matters occasionally
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance