Are you ready to dive into the world of a fast-paced tech startup? Are you ready to change the world? At PadSplit we’re disrupting the affordable housing industry by creating safe, attractive, and respectable co-living environments. If you’re motivated by the conviction that working people should have a decent place to live, and want to do something about it, come join us!
At PadSplit, our purpose is to solve our affordable housing crisis one room at a time while leveraging housing as a vehicle for financial independence. Our principles are Care, Show it, Prove it. We live out our principles by embodying our values: Empathy, Optimism, Intellectual Curiosity, Strong Work Ethic, High Integrity, Self-Awareness, and Compassionate Directness.
As Acquisitions Manager, you are a detail-oriented, hard-working, problem solver with an optimistic attitude, who can easily (and happily) wear many hats. You are able to uphold our company’s principles and values while adding to our unique culture. As a member of our Fund Operations Team, you will broadly be responsible for building our SFR acquisitions engine and team, while deploying millions of dollars monthly as we scale into multiple markets.
Hire, train, and lead a team of high-performance acquisitions professionals focused on purchasing homes at scale across multiple markets as we deliver on our promise to drastically increase the available affordable housing stock across the country.
- Source, underwrite, offer, negotiate, and close on single-family and multi-family assets
- Work our existing channels and open new ones: Broker listings, investor and wholesaler network, portfolios, institutional, and BFR
- Own the investment performance of our growing portfolio through accurate underwriting: value, yield, scope
- Hire, train, and lead a team of high-performance acquisitions professionals
- Player / Coach who makes those around them better every day
- Create systems and procedures that will continue to allow us to scale
- Work cross-functionally with multiple teams including construction, asset management, finance, and product/engineering
Modeling and Analysis
- Expert modeler who is adept at building property level pro formas and conducting in-depth market analysis
- Easily zoom in on the nuances of an individual deal and zoom out to examine market-level opportunities and challenges
- 5+ years Single Family Rental (SFR) acquisitions experience
- 2+ years management experience
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, highly fluid startup environment
- Broad real estate investment experience
- B.S./B.A. or higher in related field
- Advanced proficiency in real estate financial modeling
- Institutional acquisitions experience (Fund/REIT/PropTech/Volume Wholesaler/Volume Rehabber)
- Brokerage experience
Salary: Commensurate with experience and equity options available