Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
Visa is looking for an Acquired Entities Management Director to join our Global Compliance team.
As the Acquired Entities Management Director, you'll be a critical partner to the business, providing pragmatic, solutions-oriented advice to ensure that Visa has effective, risk-based business decision making, and performing review of key processes to ensure that the activities meet requirements of company policies, international standards and the obligations of regulations and laws of the United States and of those countries in which we operate.
As a global payments network, Visa maintains a Compliance Program designed to manage legal, regulatory and ethical risks across our business.
This position is responsible for the support and monitoring of the ongoing application of the Compliance Program across all Acquired Entities.
The acquisition integration oversight includes the following areas -
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
- Business Conduct and Ethics
- Other Substantive Compliance Areas (supporting the program owner as a compliance advisor)
- Compliance lead for mergers and acquisition including coordination of pre-deal diligence, post-acquisition integration & ongoing support and monitoring of acquired entities
- Responsible for all Compliance matters for Acquired Entities as the primary point of contact for business units, support functions and local regulators
- Ensuring understanding of business strategy through ongoing dialogue to identify potential or emerging risks and proactively address them so as to avoid unnecessary risk or delays to strategic plans
- Liaise with Regional Compliance Leaders, Integration Management Office, and business leads for acquired entities and other control functions (HR, Risk, Technology, Finance, Legal) to identify and address Compliance & Ethics (E&C) risks facing the business and to aid the integration process
- Represent E&C on quarterly Operation Roundtables with Integration Management Office, Legal, Finance, Risk and Sourcing to create meaningful discussions with business leads of acquired entities on integration related pain points and risk mitigation strategies
- Working with Regional Compliance Leader to support required reporting to regulatory authorities and other internal stakeholders
- Project management of implementation of relevant Compliance Programs with the supporting Subject Matter Experts for Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption Program, Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing & Sanctions Programs (including third party due diligence), Business Conduct Office, Compliance Training/Visa University
- Work with each Compliance Program Owner to facilitate risk assessment, gap analysis and implementation of necessary interim and long term program controls as necessary
- Responsible to assist the business in developing and enhancing the first line of defense to ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements, ensuring that risks are being adequately managed and that the business is in compliance with company policy
- Responsible for Compliance program and process monitoring and testing as needed
- Responsible for business education on policy requirements, including delivery of localized training, tailored to the specific countries and business and support function needs
- Responsible for comprehensive reporting including local dashboard and metrics reporting
- Continually identify opportunities for efficiencies while ensuring sufficient controls are in place, partner with the business to drive process and control improvements
- Work closely with Legal and Government Relations to maintain an understanding of the legal and regulatory landscape including the support and maintenance of the legal and regulatory obligations inventory as it applies to Visa
- Handle queries and questions on the Compliance Program from the business, support functions, other control groups, regulators, clients and partners.
Flex Work Arrangement - Hybrid Position - This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.Qualifications
• 10 or more years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or at least 8 years of work experience
with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a
• 12 or more years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or 8-10 years of experience with an
Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
• Good understanding of core pillars of effective ABC, AML, ATF and CDD programs and appropriate
• Good knowledge of payments industry products, emerging products, regulations and related trends
• Corporate experience with a proven track record of managing multiple projects in a complex matrix
business and operational environments required
• Flexible to work in an environment where needs are continually changing
• Ability to multi-task and able to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent presentation and public communication skills
• Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge
• Highly analytical and self-motivated, adept at working independently and in a dispersed team
environment covering multiple and varied tasks
• Excellent analytical and data analysis skills including use of MS Office systems including Word,
Access, Visio, Excel (advanced), Power Point, SharePoint and other applications required
• A combination of at least 2 of these professional certification are highly recommended - CPA, CFE,
CIA, PMP or AML/ATF (ACAMS) accreditation
• High preference given to candidates who had previous mergers/acquisition/integration experience
• Preference given to candidates who have audit and consulting experience, big 4 experience is a
• Experience in regulatory Compliance, including direct work with different regulatory authorities is
• Capable of working collaboratively with employees from all levels within the organization, proactive
planner able to engage peers and seniors constructively
• Some travel and extended business hours (conference calls) may be required.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.