2022 Education Technology Fellowship
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren't sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
About Curriculum Associates:
Founded in 1969, Curriculum Associates (CA) is a leading educational technology and publishing company with a mission to make classrooms better places for students and teachers. As a company, we have both a responsibility and the opportunity to reduce the effects of systemic racism for the students, educators, and educational communities we serve and for our own team members. We are committed to ensuring CA is a champion of antiracist ideals in our service to schools, in our products, and in our company culture. Our research-based, award-winning print and digital instruction and assessment products provide educators with the tools necessary to personalize learning for every student and help all students become college and career ready.
Apply to a competitive six-month fellowship (this is a full-time, paid position from mid-July to mid-December) at the fastest growing company in the EdTech industry. This is a great opportunity for co-op students and recent college graduates. Learn the ins and outs of business, technology, and education from industry leaders, including EY's 2016 Entrepreneur of the Year, CEO Rob Waldron. You'll work with the team below through September, assisting them as they prepare and provide support for customers partnering with Curriculum Associates for the 2022 school year. For the final three months, you'll be placed in a compelling rotation, working closely with department leaders to help improve processes and reach quarterly goals.
How to apply: Please provide the following information in your application:
- A current resume
- A cover letter that details your interest in the position, relevant experience to the fellowship and your experience working with data sets as this will be integral to the position.
Insight into departments at CA and the chance to learn more about the education technology industry Access to mentorship and a strong network of young professionals excelling in roles in business and education Professional Development lunches that include open forum discussions with company leaders The opportunity to work at one of Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work since 2014
The impact you'll have:
All Ed-Tech Fellows will work with the Provisioning and Data Services team for our back-to school season and will:
- Support key service teams across the company during our busy back-to-school season (July- September)
- Ensure all customers are onboarded into our i-Ready platform precisely and promptly
- Help troubleshoot and solve customer and technical issues using a multitude of resources
There are two groups within the Provisioning and Data Services Team:
The Auto-provisioning group establishes and onboards over 3,000 auto-provisioning customers. This groups works heavily with the auto-provisioning technology and with large datasets to ensure all schools and districts are up and running for the 2022-2023 school year. The Workbook group assembles the student and staff rosters for many CA customers and inputs them into i-Ready. This group will reach out to customers by email to gather user data and work with both large and small datasets in Excel to ensure schools and districts are prepared to utilize our i-Ready platform in the coming weeks. The Account Management team works with customers to ensure district needs are met as the school year approaches. They are responsible for ensuring i-Ready accounts are set up and accessible, districts have access to the correct content based on purchases and implementation plans, and they support educators using the program via phone, email, and video calls.
Who we're looking for:
- Motivated individuals looking for a challenging six-month experience
- Co-op student or recent college graduate (bachelor's degree earned 2021 or 2022)
- Strong academic record with a GPA of 3.0 or higher; all majors are welcome
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain strong and professional relationships
- A keen attention to detail, and the ability to think critically and troubleshoot is crucial
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as strong listening skills
- Comfort and experience working in Excel and with large, complex datasets
- Demonstrated interest in business, education, technology, or social entrepreneurship sectors
- An openness and excitement to learn
Location & Timing: Fellows will work remotely for six months, from mid-July 2022 to mid-December 2022, however, candidates living or planning to relocate to North Billerica, MA may choose to work in-person or arrange a hybrid schedule in adherence to our Covid-19 protocol.
Applications will be reviewed along three deadlines throughout the spring semester:
- Final Deadline: Friday, April 22nd, 2022 - Final Interview Block, May 9th - May 20th, 2022
Interviews will consist of three 30 minutes Zoom calls with three members of the Back-to-School Team. If invited to interview, an update on your application status will be sent shortly after your interview block.
Have Questions? Email the Fellowship Team at [email protected]