Women’s Health Marketing Lead
Invitae is a rapidly growing genetic testing company driven by the mission to expand access to high-quality, comprehensive, low-cost genetic testing in order to lower healthcare costs and improve outcomes for billions of people.
To help realize our mission we’re looking for a Women’s Health Marketing Lead to help establish Invitae as the genetics partner and drive adoption and consistent utilization of Invitae’s genetic testing for all who can benefit from it in a clinical setting. The ideal teammate has experience targeting Obgyns, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, MFMs, IVF clinics, genetic experts, and their teams. You know how to navigate complex environments/customers to successfully meet their needs while achieving our goals.
You’re a marketing leader who knows how to turn insight into action to develop and tell compelling stories that connect with customers and drive behavior change. You’re deeply curious and love to problem solve. Rolling up your sleeves comes naturally - as does strategic thinking. You hold yourself accountable and are a successful leader of people and projects with a knack for flawlessly managing multiple initiatives and needs at the same time. You’re adept at working in a regulated environment and can understand and translate complex scientific information. And, probably most importantly, you have a passion for improving people’s lives.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute a commercial plan to drive the adoption and expansion of Invitae’s reproductive health offerings and services among all key customers, ultimately changing the standard of care so that genomics play a critical role in the care of patients who can benefit
- Monitor and apply understanding of the overall reproductive and genetics landscape; identify areas for opportunities/threats, translate insights and look for ways to continuously grow
- Own, develop, execute and measure the marketing plan
- Know the customer (including key influencers; e.g. nurse, etc.) and the market landscape inside and out. Define audience segments and work in service of them.
- Sharpen positioning, messaging and value proposition in partnership with cross-functional colleagues; including sales, communications, medical, product and legal
- Define strategies and tactics based on customer insights as well as market and competitive developments (pivot as needed based on customer needs and/or market and/or competitive events).
- Direct the overall customer experience (from first touchpoint to last) based on performance, learning, experience and research (where possible) in partnership with all internal stakeholders; while the actual work may not be your/your team’s responsibility, you represent the voice of the customer
- Bring together an integrated team (communications, advocacy, medical, product, etc.) to execute in support of shared objectives.
- Define and maintain accountability for key performance indicators, including but not limited to monthly business performance (volume), customer acquisition, relevant marketing metrics, etc.
- Expert in Salesforce, Tableau and other relevant tools; this includes development and publication of email journeys, list development and management, setting up reporting, tracking activity, etc. Work in collaboration with key marketing partners to ensure flawless execution.
- Expert in Invitae product offerings and services (and future/roadmaps) and able to effectively position the appropriate product or service based on customer needs.
- Develop concepts and promotional materials. Manage all associated reviews. This includes development of briefs, collaboration with creative services team, sales, medical, legal, product and agency partners as applicable. Responsible for reconciliation and pull-through of comments.
- Develop and maintain sales enablement materials; including pulling through updates as data evolve, retiring materials, etc.
- Manage projects and budgets. This includes completing work plans, engaging the relevant teammates in reviews (with ample notice), and coordinating within and across the portfolio teams as well as with other cross-functional teams
- Active and engaged member of the marketing team, collaborate and share with teammates in other teams including business development and international.
- Effectively prioritize resources (internal vs. external), guide and direct agency and creative services teammates
- Lead the women’s health marketing team; actively collaborate across Marketing
What you bring:
- 10+ years experience in clinical marketing for reproductive health. Experience in genetics preferred.
- Proven track record of success executing clinical marketing plans
- Demonstrated experience building and executing multichannel marketing plans
- Curiosity, humility, and an interest in building something new.
- Leadership and do-ership. You can write the plan. And execute it.
- Recognized team player. You know that it takes a village. And how to rally the village.
- The ability to say: I don’t know but am excited to figure it out/try.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.