Who we are looking for...
Promenade, formerly known only as BloomNation, is growing rapidly and looking for a VP of Marketing. This new leader will be responsible for setting the strategic direction for the marketing organization and own the marketing efforts for both B2B acquisition and helping/developing marketing activities for our clients (Small Business Owners) in the B2C space. You will own the overall marketing budget and the key metrics to determine the profitability by channels, translating company objectives into marketing strategies that directly impact business outcomes. Reporting directly to the CEO, the VP of Marketing will lead efforts to increase our new verticals and define and grow the addressable market for a category and a platform that has never existed before.
This role is based in our Santa Monica headquarters but is currently and temporarily remote due to COVID restrictions.
Specifically, you will…
- Partner with the executive leadership team to:
- Develop Promenade’s go-to-market strategy and roadmap
- Drive qualified B2B leads to the sales organization
- Create/manage marketing campaigns for B2C acquisition
- Create/manage content strategy for Both B2B and B2C
- Manage current marketing individual contributors (Email, Social, Creative, etc.)
- Analyze results for data-driven decision making
- Create a unified voice within all our brands
You will excel if you have…
- Developed a comprehensive marketing strategy with a strong focus on brand building
- Previously managed both B2B and B2C marketing efforts - both are critical to success here.
- Ability to leverage Account Based Marketing to grow revenue
- Lead the strategic development of ideal customer profiles, buyer personas, messaging frameworks and content strategy to position as a thought leader, ensuring alignment with Sales, Product, Success and Services
- Be an expert at how we tell our story, ensuring consistent and impactful messaging across channels and overseeing the development of programs that reach and engage multiple personas throughout the buying journey
- Build systems and processes to track and report on key performance metrics, and use this data to continually optimize marketing strategies and improve performance
- Manage, inspire, and professionally develop a team of marketers across brand, demand generation, content marketing, partner marketing, public and analyst relations and events
What’s in it for you?
- Equity/Stock options in a profitable and rapidly growing company
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Transportation coverage in the form of parking, rideshare, or metro credit
- Fully stocked snack bar & weekly catered lunches
- Company provided gear & swag (MacBook Pro, t-shirt, sunglasses, etc.)
- Ability to mold your career and make an immediate impact
- Discounts on flowers across the country.
- Work in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic group of people from all over the world
More about us - Promenade
Promenade is a mission-driven company empowering local businesses with products and services that allow them to thrive online and offline. We build vertically-focused software catered to each industry we serve, leveling the playing field between the small business and large aggregators. Promenade was originally founded in 2011 as BloomNation, the nation’s premier network for local florists, disrupting the multi-billion dollar floral industry. After helping thousands of local florists across the country, we doubled down on our mission and began helping more small businesses who carried the same challenges of acquiring and retaining their own customers. Today, Promenade creates software for four industries - Floral (BloomNation), Food (Dig-in), Beverage (Swigg), and Breweries (Bevv). The company is based in Santa Monica, CA.
Backed by premier industry investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.)
Named one of Entrepreneur’s “5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch”
Located one block away from the beach on the world-famous 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica
Why join Promenade?
If you want a front-row seat in seeing a company disrupt a massive industry and you love the idea of helping hardworking business owners that serve our local communities and neighborhoods, this is your place. At Promenade, everyone has a voice to create change and move the needle. No hierarchy, no bureaucracy, no politics...just real people working on solving real problems.