VP, Growth at GlossGenius (New York City, NY)
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
As the VP of Growth, you will be the leader building and running a team that drives accelerated customer demand and platform signups. You’ll architect and build an efficient, best-in-class funnel to attract SMBs and motivate them to run and grow their business with the industry’s best platform - GlossGenius. This role will oversee digital marketing programs including lead generation and nurturing, SEO/SEM, paid performance, events and offline marketing, and growth marketing. Your team will drive scalable campaigns and messages that build strong brand awareness, showcase our differentiation in solving customer pain points, and create an ever-growing ecosystem of SMBs ready to experience GlossGenius.
What You’ll Do
- Build and lead a fast-paced Growth team that drives brand awareness, attracts high-quality customers, motivates their purchase decision, and creates a lifecycle of sustained engagement
- Architect and develop scalable, creative demand generation and growth strategies and campaigns (across a variety of channels like ads, email, direct mail, content, events, etc.) that will build a predictable pipeline at scale
- Guide your team to optimize and transform current systems, processes and analytics to drive best-in-class practices for lead generation and nurturing, lead-to-trialing, and ultimately conversion
- Design and integrate core messaging that revolves around value prop and benefits, showcasing competitive differentiation to the market across all campaigns and channels
- Partner with creative/ brand team to develop ad assets, landing pages, website updates, email marketing assets, etc. for marketing and revenue
- Partner with cross-functional leadership to establish priorities, goals and targets, and ensure an efficient, cohesive customer journey that drives SMBs to conversion and platform success
- Create, lead, and track team plans, metrics, budget, and performance on a regular (weekly/ biweekly basis); reporting back to the organization on key messaging and product opportunities as well as market and customer insights to deliver client value and business growth
- Continuously evaluate the performance and ROI of campaigns, adjusting your demand tactics and strategy accordingly
What We’re Looking For
- 12+ years experience in building, leading, and mentoring a Growth team with a successful track record of top-funnel growth and business results; B2-SMB experience is a plus!
- Strong leadership experience with a passion for leading change and rallying others around ambitious goals
- Experience in successfully building a high-volume pipeline of high-quality prospects (tens of thousands of SMBs or consumers), including owning the budget, tactics, metrics, performance, and system optimization
- Deep understanding of product/ self-serve led customer growth strategies and campaigns, with ability to integrate into downstream campaigns
- Knack for devising strategies that nail key positioning, differentiation, and messages in catchy, succinct campaigns that attract and engage core audience
- Creative approach and willingness to test and iterate on new strategies, messaging, and channels with the team in order to improve demand generation
- Analytical and data-driven leader that can design and implement strategy, budget, and execution plans for the team, and measure and monitor their success; This includes getting highly detailed on demand gen attribution and efficacy of marketing spend
- Experience partnering with cross-functional leadership (eg, Revenue & Accounts, Product, Customer Success, Operations) to create a systematic, cohesive customer lifecycle that delivers enduring value to customers
- Genuine interest and excitement in striving toward ambitious goals and making a huge impact for SMB customers
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.