VP, Brand & Communications at KeepTruckin
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront and named a Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020.About the Role:
We are looking for a VP of Brand & Communications to own the development of our brand positioning and consistency, and the execution of our communications strategy as we tell our brand story to the world. You will create and lead a strategic comms plan that will support KeepTruckin’s short-term and long-term brand-building and product launches. You will also lead its implementation, with an eye to scaling results globally to maximize business impact. This role will report directly into the Chief Growth Officer.What You'll Do:
- Create and deliver an essential global communications plan that leads to long-term brand building and business goals, encompassing public relations, social media, analyst relations, community engagement, content strategy, and internal communications.
- Be a key driver of how we amplify and advance our reputation with key external stakeholders including customers and industry peers.
- Help determine the strategy and execute the roadmap that helps us elevate our brand across various audiences both internally and externally
- Ensure tight end-to-end consistency of our brand, story, and messaging across all aspects of the customer, candidate, and employee journey
- Build a messaging plan around our product launch roadmap to maximize positive media coverage of our products and services.
- Work closely with business leaders on key initiatives and positioning including message development, corporate communications plans, events and sponsorships.
- Provide coaching and training to the CEO and executive leadership on both internal and external communications to key stakeholders, customers, providers and partners.
- Develop and maintain a performance tracking system to ensure communications strategies are achieving goals.
- Identify and select a PR Agency that aligns with KeepTruckin’s brand.
- 15+ years leadership in brand marketing, public relations and external communications, preferably with pre-IPO and/or public company experience
- Experience helping to define and win brands and categories, particularly within high-growth dynamic environments
- Experience building and directing brand and communications marketing teams
- Strong media relationships with key trade and business journalists across the US, EMEA, and APAC
- Experience building strong internal communications functions with Executive leaders to build culture and cohesion
- Ability to deliver proactive narratives while also managing issues across go-to-market planning and competitive positioning for an expanding product portfolio
- A proven background in driving measurable public relations results in support of business goals, global brand and high profile executives
- Exceptional leadership skills with an ability to set a positive tone and effectively manage, inspire and develop a world-class team
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.