Vice President, Revenue Marketing at Drift
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration Platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms.
About the role
At Drift, we believe that putting the customer at the center of what we do leads to results. And we also believe that Marketing plays a key role in doing just that - from first touch lead generation and maturation to retention and expansion across the entire customer lifecycle.
We’re seeking a seasoned marketing professional to join our fast-growing team to bring together traditional demand generation teams - like GTM (campaign planning, segment marketing, and sales alignment) and Channels (email, webinars, events, paid media) - with digital marketing (website, Drift) and Marketing Operations (insights, systems, analytics, reporting) - not just for North America, but globally across LATAM, APAC, and EMEA.
This highly-collaborative, service-oriented individual will be energized by a hyper-growth environment, where the pace is fast and the ability to make a lasting impact is tangible. A people-first leader, the VP of Revenue Marketing will inspire his/her team to exceed targets in creative and innovative ways, keepings pace in a competitive market where things can change quickly. A problem-solver at heart, our ideal candidate has a track record for driving not just leads, but pipeline and revenue across every stage of the customer lifecycle in deep partnership with Sales and Services.
This role will report directly to the CMO and be a key member of the Marketing Leadership Team.
- Develop and grow a high-performing, metrics-driven customer acquisition and customer experience team made up of integrated campaign management, segment marketing management, digital marketing, marketing operations, and customer lifecycle marketing.
- Create a culture centered around a predictable, reliable Marketing funnel while also developing and executing programs that support pipe maturation, retention, and expansion - in deep partnership with Sales and Services.
- Oversee all the traditional demand generation functions in a way that drives complete prospect and customer journeys across channels, deepening engagement and customer loyalty - while hitting and/or exceeding business targets.
- Work closely with Product Marketing to define go-to-market strategies, buyer personas, value proposition, differentiation, messaging and content needs.
- Create and maintain a strong partnership with sales including partnership with SDR, AE and AM leadership to ensure alignment on marketing strategy as well as pipeline goals and revenue achievement. Being perceived as a true and trusted partner to these teams is critical to the success of this role.
- Develop the appropriate marketing mix and investments to hit leading indicators for demand while exceeding pipeline targets for new and expansion business - not just at the company level, but by segment from small businesses to large enterprises.
- Build engaging programs with customers to increase user adoption, retention and expansion aligned to hitting our net dollar and gross dollar retention goals.
- Build out the marketing operations infrastructure as well as the marketing tech stack to empower teams to make metrics-driven decisions in a timely fashion ensuring we hit or exceed our marketing and revenue goals.
- Oversee website innovation and redesign, to make the “front door” to our business both one-of-a-kind as well as high-performing. This includes ensuring we’re the best Drift for Drift use case in the industry to showcase the power of our own product in reducing sales friction and driving revenue.
- Oversee regional Marketing Leads who develop and execute global expansion plans that leverage HQ frameworks but translate regionally to achieve non-AMER targets.
- Participate in sales and customer success calls to showcase how Drift is using Drift to drive outstanding customer experiences that accelerate revenue.
What skills you will bring to the job:
- Demonstrated experience in demand generation - including digital and Marketing Operations.
- 15+ years experience driving high-impact marketing programs in a fast paced environment
- 7+ years managing individual contributors including hiring, inspiring and leading within a fast-paced, ever-changing marketing organization
- Experience building measurement and attribution models to drive investment and marketing strategy
- Experience driving results across marketing channels, creating segment or person-specific marketing mixes, and ensuring cohesive journeys for the prospect/customer
- Collaborating effectively with sales to achieve results - building a deep relationship where they’re trusted partners and allies working as one team
- Experience working with operations to define and develop solid processes that can then be used to deliver high-converting programs that result in revenue
- Experience driving targeted messages in B2B markets with account based marketing
- People-focused leader with proven ability to build creative, collaborative teams; develop people; and link performance to overall business objectives. You’ve managed teams and have experience as a ‘manager of managers’.
- A track record of delivery on complex projects, using strong organizational skills and ability to influence and work cross-functionally.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effective market the work of Marketing internally. This role demands someone who is in love with the spoken and written word, understanding the power that comes from getting it ‘just right’ both online and offline.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – must have the ability to analyze and derive meaning from data which you will then translate into actionable changes.
- Excellent writing, communication, time management, and project management skills
- Passionate about Marketing - both the art and the science.
- Ability to build budgets with justification and validated assumptions to explain marketing plan, impact, and ROI.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn
something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]