Technical Product Marketing Manager at Powin (Portland, OR)
We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
ABOUT THE COMPANY-
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY –
Powin is looking for a seasoned Technical Product Marketing Manager. If you are a mission-oriented, systems-driven thinker who loves a challenge, you will thrive in this role. The ideal candidate can complete a high volume of tasks and projects quickly with little guidance, react with appropriate urgency, take effective action without having to know the total picture, and solve problems that affect people within the team and other related groups.
- Develops product and solution positioning, messaging by prospective buyer role, and ways to overcome competitive objections
- Defines and delivers technical solution benefits, positioning and expertise to product, marketing and sales teams
- Translates and articulates technology platform messages
- Develops marketing collateral including presentations, and demonstration scripts that effectively communicate solution benefits
- Supports marketing programs, campaigns and additional assets with content and messaging
- Research competitive solutions and maintain competitive comparisons and evaluations
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with customers in strategic vertical markets to support ongoing definition of differentiated product value
- Ability to take an abstract idea, design it out, build the plan and deliver the details
- Develop and execute go-to-market plans and ensure internal organizational readiness
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, engineering, energy, or a similar field
- 5+ years of communications, engineering, or journalism experience
- Experience creating Marketing collateral
- Experience in launching new high-tech products and communicating benefits
- Demonstrated history of managing complex projects and executing on marketing plans
- Experience in conducting market analysis, developing market messaging, and communicating benefits
- Must possess exceptional writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Must be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction
- Superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator is an asset
- A portfolio of work to present
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Energy industry experience a plus
Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!