Zoro offers millions and millions of products - an endless aisle with everything you need to run your business. We offer fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We've grown quickly in a short time and are continuing to do so while aggressively growing our revenue. We are excited to be a part of an award-winning culture - we have been named a Great Place to Work for multiple years in a row, among other local and national accolades. We think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow, and think you will too!
The primary responsibility of the Technical Marketing Specialist will be maintaining, upgrading, and optimizing the product data feeds that support our various marketing channels and advertising campaigns. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience managing e-commerce product data feeds in platforms like Google/Bing Merchant Center, Feedonomics, and/or ChannelAdvisor.
The role will sit on the Marketing team and will report to the Sr. Manager of Marketing Operations. This position will work closely with a variety of Marketing department stakeholders (e.g. Paid Search, Affiliate, Marketplace, Social teams) as well as partner groups such as Data Engineering, DevSecOps, and Product Information Management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage Zoro's eCommerce product data feeds in an end-to-end capacity; e.g. setup imports, configure field mapping, restructure product data to fit the criteria of specific channels, setup data exports, etc.
- Identify, diagnose, and fix data feed issues across platforms like Google/Bing Merchant Center, Feedonomics, ChannelAdvisor, etc.
- Optimize data feeds using industry best practices to help product listings reach their full potential with robust, consistent, and accurate product and inventory data
- Stay abreast of data changes within Zoro; proactively upgrade eCommerce data feeds to create value for the business through the use of new fields, values, logic, etc.
- Stay abreast of policy and requirements changes across Marketing channels (Google, Bing, eBay, Facebook, etc.)
- Develop data governance, alerting & monitoring approaches to speed up issue identification & resolution
- Introduce and maintain documentation for all critical data flows
- Manage the creation of promo offers and set up in NetSuite
- Candidate must be self-directed and effective working independently, yet equally comfortable contributing in a fast-paced team environment
- Positive attitude and ability to forge strong cross-team relationships; ability to support a diverse array of stakeholders with high levels of service delivery
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with standard word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Office or Gsuite)
- Familiarity with programming languages (particularly SQL) and APIs will come in handy, though individuals with significant database administration or professional programming experience are over-qualified for this position
- Bachelor's degree preferably in an area with a technology focus e.g. Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience setting up workflows in an automation system is helpful
- If remote, may require travel to Chicago 1-2 times per year
Zoro Values and Inclusive Culture:
We share a commitment to our Zoro values - Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us.
As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is dedicated to fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are represented, and all team members can be confident that their experiences and perspectives are valued. Zoro aims to empower all employees to learn about, raise awareness, and promote diversity and inclusion through all of our workplace interactions. Zoro is a place where everyone can learn, grow and thrive.
We recognize the courage and effort it takes to apply for your next opportunity. We also recognize that there is rarely such thing as a perfect candidate. Even if you do not meet every qualification, we still encourage you to apply -- we do not want to miss out on meeting the next person who could emerge as a key contributor to our business and culture.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.